9.18.2014

We camped

Not to be forgotten...our first family camping trip.
We kept it simple and just went to our local campground at the Liberty Lake County Park (about 5 minutes from home).
Honestly, it probably wasn't the best experience for any of us since I was really pregnant and not feeling great.  We promised the boys we'd go camping, otherwise I think we would have waited until next summer.  I should have listened to John and just stayed home.  I didn't really have much fun.  Lesson learned.
 The boys were good sports and happy to get to stay up really late since it stays light out until about 9pm. 
We made foil dinners... 
They were much more interested in roasting marshmallows and making S'mores.
That might have been the highlight of the night! 
Rise and shine bright and early despite the late bedtime.
John and I were so exhausted we had breakfast, cleaned up and called our first camp trip "done." 
Next year will be better.
I won't be pregnant.
We'll find a campground with fun things to do.
The boys will all be a year older.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a brave move camping being pregnant. We should plan our next camping trip together.