Tate started first grade this year!
Off to school all day long...it has been great.
I feel like I have four kids, but pretty much just back to three since Tate is at school.
It's making life at home more manageable.
With Melissa's arrival just a couple weeks before started, we didn't spend a lot of time prepping Tate for all-day school which I think turned out to be a good thing.
Tate can be a worrier and it was great just to send him on his way that first day to find out how great school is in Ms. Boni's class!
Tate has always been very independent when it comes to picking out his own clothes.
This was his choice for the first day!
It rained.
Blake and Ryan were sad to not be able to walk him to school, but they were all there to pick Tate up afterschool when the rain stopped.
We are lucky to have great friends, the Jensen's, just around the corner.
Sophia and her brother Ben swing by each day and walk with Tate to school and home.
When I have my act together in the morning, we join them. But most of the time, I don't.
Blake started Pre-K the following week at Fit Preschool (in the Athletic Club).
It is such a great program!
He goes to school Tuesday-Thursday from 12:30-3pm.
I asked Blake what his favorite part is, "Everything!" he replied.
Miss Sarah is his teacher along with Miss Jenny and Miss Cassie who teaches swim lessons.
I love how excited Blake gets about all the fun new things he is learning.
Like the chicken song.
He wore this hat the entire walk home and was so excited to teach me and Ryan how to play the game and sing the song!
Another favorite part is the last half hour of the day is spent in the gym.
The kids are in groups and get to go swimming one day and then they rotate through learning sports, yoga and other fitness activities.
Miss Cassie was even nice enough to invite Ryan to join them for the last 15 minutes of swimming on Thursday's. Ryan was in heaven to play on the stairs and then get in the hot tub!
So far...school is going great!

.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment