I am happy that the days of temperatures in the hundreds are over.
We all survived the summer, have a new baby sister and have started school!
The month of August was full of lots of activities to keep the boys busy and my mind off how many days were left of being pregnant.
Some Summer Highlights:
- The AC going out multiple times when the temperatures were in the 90's and up. John and the repair guy almost got their heads bitten off by a crazy 9-month pregnant lady. We got the AC fixed finally and everyone lived.
- We continued to work on our tans at the Greenacres Park, Pavillion Park, Liberty Lake Beach and Rocky Hill Park.
- One more berry picking session where we picked more raspberries and strawberries for smoothies.
- One trip to the Emergency Room for Mr. Tate who had been complaining of severe stomach cramps for days. We were afraid it might be his appendix. Turned out to be a blocked bowel. It was a long night in the ER the day before Miss Melissa arrived, but we were so thankful to get Tate feeling better before she arrived.
- Made sure Melissa's bedroom was ready for her!

- I got to get another ultrasound at 35 weeks to make sure everything was looking good with the baby. She was doing great and we got some fun pictures of her.

- My feet and legs reached epic swelling.

- Tate made a countdown chain for the baby's arrival that hung on the refrigerator. It was Tate's job to take one chain off each day.

- I think this picture was at about 37 weeks.
- I have some amazing friends who through me an awesome baby shower. It still didn't seem real to have so much pink! I feel truly lucky and blessed to have people in my life who make me feel so special and loved. I can't even begin to thank everyone for all the love and support we've been shown these past couple months!

- The Kacher's came for a visit the week before Melissa arrived. Bonnie and I tried to figure out how we could get Melissa here a week early to meet her cousins, but my doctor didn't like our ideas. So, we decided to just let Melissa come when she was supposed to. It was great to have cousins to play with for a few days. We showed them some of our favorite beaches! Thank goodness for vans so we could all go together...or I could go with all the kiddos:)
- I got some good quality Chloe bonding time on the beach while the others were in the lake. We were trying to stay cool!
- So much fun with cousins!!!
- Jumping off the dock and trying to catch fish was another favorite part of our summer.
- We got out some our baby girl things for baby Chloe...Ryan was a good helper.
- Gotta love a bathtub that fits a bunch of little ones.
- Hanging out in the backyard...Ninja style.
- We checked out the Pottery Bug where the boys chose a cup and Ryan chose a plate to paint.
- Ryan tested out the baby equipment.
- The library had Science experiments once a week that we went to. The boys loved making rockets, catapults to launch marshmallows, and experiments with bubbles and elephant foam!
I am grateful to live in a community that is so family/kid friendly.
There are so many activities close to home, that made this pregnant mom's summer manageable!














No comments:
Post a Comment