5.11.2014

Easter

This Easter I was sad that we weren't able to carry on our tradition of our neighborhood Egg Hunt and Potluck.  We missed our friends.
In an effort to still enjoy the season and have some fun, I found some games and activities me and the boys could do the week of Easter.
We had a great time playing "Don't Eat the Peep!"
The boys loved it because it involved getting to eat candy.

We played Easter Bingo while Ryan napped one day.
Blake and Tate did great finding the Easter pictures on their BINGO cards and each took turns being the caller. 
 Easter bunnies out of marshmallows.
I was surprised at how much the boys loved this.
I helped do the glue outline of the bunny and then they worked on putting marshmallows on and making a face for their bunny.

They turned out very cute!
We hung them on the windows and the boys loved looking at them and counting the marshmallows. 
 
 No holiday is complete without decorating some sugar cookies.
Or, "how much frosting and sprinkles can we pile on one cookie!"

Delicious looking. 
They loved decorating and eating the cookies...even with all the piles of frosting and sprinkles falling off. 
Blake was in charge of snacks for the week at Preschool.
I thought it would be fun to do some Easter themed snacks, so we made these "Fruit Ka-bombs" as the boys called them.  I also put crackers and other snacks in plastic eggs for the kids.
Blake had a great time bringing the snack basket each day with a fun snack for his friends.
 Our ward had an Easter Egg hunt at a members house and a BBQ picnic lunch Saturday.
If we couldn't do our traditional Easter Egg Hunt, it was nice to still get to do a egg hunt and enjoy the day before Easter with some ward friends.


The boys had to work hard to find those eggs.
There was a lot of property to cover. 
Ryan was more interested in the rubber ducky instead of finding eggs. 
Happy Easter Sunday!
Tate cooperated by putting on the bow-tie only for one picture and only, because I said he couldn't find his Easter basket until I got a picture. 
Ryan was trying hard to get his hands in those tight pockets.
 The Easter Bunny stopped by our house and brought the boys baskets full of fun summer things (like bathing suits and water guns), and a few treats.  The squirt guns have been a huge hit-especially in the bathtub!
We enjoyed church and the ward choir's musical numbers during sacrament meeting Sunday morning.  We talked to our Valiant 8 class about "why we celebrate Easter?"  It was a good discussion including the Easter Bunny, candy, the Resurrection, new life and thoughts about what is most important during this time of the year!

1 comment:

Karen said...

You certainly know how to have fun with your boys! They are lucky to have such a good mom!!