5.14.2014

The Circus Came to Town

The circus.
A new family tradition.
We picked Tate up a little early from school and headed over to the Valley Mall to go to the circus.
First time for all of us.
Did not disappoint.

The "scary clown" gave the boys these awesome noses on our way in.
They humored me by putting them on for one picture. 
You can tell how thrilled Blake is about it.
I wasn't really sure what to expect having never been before.
I was nervous Ryan would have a hard time sitting through it all.
Man was I wrong. 
Ryan was a champ.
He was so intrigued by all the lights and the animals...he was eyes-glued to the stage area!
The acrobats (tilt your head to the left, the star was hanging from the ceiling). 
Tate loved the show horses!
He would have been a great audience member like Ryan if it wasn't for the vendors coming around tempting him with $15 light-up wands. 
I didn't hear the end of it the entire afternoon-"mom, you never let me get anything!"
I guess I've reached official "mom-hood" when those words are uttered from your kids.
It didn't help that the little boy sitting in front us got everything.  A light-up wand, bubble maker, food.  Made the treats and glow sticks I brought from the dollar store not so cool. 
My favorite by far were the elephants.
It was so cool to be so close to such huge animals.
We were bummed the tiger truck broke down along the way and so they hadn't arrived yet.
Something to look forward to next year. 
 Blake made friends with the little boy in front of us and so he was happy to sit on the stairs and chat with his new friend.
We had our moments...but, overall, it was a fun trip.
Next year will be even better knowing what to expect and how to prep Tate that we're not buying the expensive toys!


No comments: