1.23.2014

Happy Birthday Blake!

Blake is a happy Ninja Turtle-loving-four-year-old!
We celebrated his big day with a few friends and his brothers.
When I asked what kind of a party he wanted, there was no delay...
NINJA TURTLES. 
I love that Blake is totally easy going and happy with whatever I put together.
I saw this idea for the party favors to be in pizza boxes.
Thought that was a genius idea. 
The Turtles seem to be big now which made finding Turtle stuff for the party favors easy.
We put together a couple coloring sheets, stickers, tattoos, pen and turtle Frisbee for each friend that came. 
We played "Turtle, Turtle, Shredder" while waiting for everyone to come. 
On a side note, Blake gets really hot when he runs around a lot.
He got so hot playing, he wanted his shirt off.
I didn't want to fight him on "we should keep our shirt on with our friends here," so off came the shirt.
Blake was happy and shirtless the rest of the party.
They had lots of fun keeping the balloons off the ground. 
Everyone went through the sewer and tried to avoid the eight-eyed spiders (Tate's creations)... 
and the kids turned into turtles! 
The kids worked up a good appetite and were anxious to eat pizza!
They were such a great group of boys.
So well behaved:) 
Blake picked his favorite cupcake, Donny, and blew out the candles. 
He tore open the presents and was anxious to play with everything. 
I worked on cupcake sugar cookies for him to take to Preschool for his birthday snack and to his church class.  They turned out pretty cute. 
Blake got this Turtle Pop-Up game (like Sorry) and we've played and played that game.
Blake really is getting into games-always wanting to play something. 
His new buddy, Donny. 
Happy Birthday Blake!

3 comments:

David said...

Looks like he had fun

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday buddy!

David & Brenda said...

Looks like a really fun party for a really fun 4-year-old. Happy birthday, Blake!