1.08.2014

Happy New Year

Tate was so happy to not be sick the next time we got snow!
He was the first one in his snow clothes and out the door.
He was loving it.
Blake on the other hand was not so into the snow this go around...
he kept getting cold and just wanted to go inside.
Ryan is a goof-snow or no snow.
Lucky big-strong dad was home and could pull all those boys around the cul-de-sac!
John was a good sport and went out each time Tate wanted to go out.
John perfected his plowing the driveway technique. 
Yay, for snow!!! 
2014 was rung in pretty low-key.
The boys were in bed about seven like normal.
Tate did ask about staying up till midnight, but wasn't too upset when I said "no we aren't going to do that."  I was sick in bed.  We have had a rough sick season this winter.
Ryan was throwing up a couple days later, Blake got a nasty cough and John got what I had and spend the weekend in bed and next couple days working from home.
I told a friend I was going to move back to Seattle if our winters are going to be spent being sick!
About 8:30pm New Year's Eve I opened up a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider, poured John and myself a glass said "Happy New Year" and went back to bed. 
I was thinking next year maybe we'll start a Happy New Year breakfast on New Year's Day.
Because I'm probably never (at least not anytime soon) going to want to stay up till midnight and then have to get up in the middle of the night with kids and up again early in the morning.
Just not worth the sleep deprivation.
Here's to a new year of being healthy!

No comments: