Some things I don't want to forget about these boys:
Tate
- Always has been and I'm sure always will be-very independent! From as soon as he could get himself dressed, he wanted to do it and do it all by himself. This is the outfit he picked out for church a couple weeks ago. All by himself (the vest is Blake's).
- Is Mom's Helper. I've noticed especially since John has been gone so much, Tate has stepped up to be the "man of the house." The other day he told me Ryan needed a new diaper and that he would change him (like no big deal mom).
He was a pro.
Got a toy to distract Ryan while he changed the diaper.
Got Ryan to come over and lay down.
Only needed a little help getting the new diaper in the right direction.
Got it on.
Even tossed out the old diaper.
Ryan cooperated quite well.
- I got a treadmill so I can try and work-off all this "We're-moving-and-my-life-is-chaotic-right-now-and-so-I've-gained-all-this weight."
Tate loves it too.
No big surprise there.
It is a big toy that has lots of things that plug in.
He gets on it everyday and does his "exercises so his legs have energy."
- Has an imagination that amazes me. The boys were watching a movie and Tate suggested making it a projector. We don't have a projector, but we had a flashlight. He turned on the flashlight and set it on top of the TV. Shines a light just like the projector does at Grandma's.
BLAKE
- I'm asleep mom. Really I am.
Just kidding!
- My Blakey gets bad leg pains at night. He wakes up crying in his bed that his legs hurt and he wants me to rub them. That's how he ends up in my bed. It isn't every night, but every couple weeks or so. It makes for a really long night. I hope this kid grows up to be as tall as his daddy with all the growing pains!
- Is such a goof-ball! He found this ribbon and wanted me to tie it around his head.
- Has an obsession with sunglasses (any glasses for that matter). Thinks it is so funny to wear them silly. Has managed to break another pair of mine.
- Loves sticking out his tongue. Watch out if he offers to give you a kiss. You'll get a face full of his tongue.
- Is addicted to Angry Birds
- Likes to bite if he isn't getting what he wants.
RYAN
- We have been dying in the heat these past couple weeks. When the thermometer gets above 80 degrees, we start melting. I was putting off getting a little pool. I figured the sprinkler would suffice for the next couple weeks before we moved. It got in the 90's and we needed more cool-down methods. I wanted something for Ryan to hang out in and stay cool. I ran around town trying to find a pool and this was the last one Fred Meyer had. All other stores totally sold out.
- Ryan's been my late-night buddy while John's been gone. The other boys are in bed at 7pm and since Ryan typically takes a great three-hour nap each day, he gets to stay up until 8:30. We have a great time playing together with no big brothers:)

THE BOYS
I just love seeing these boys grow up and develop their own, unique personalities.
When we go out to the grocery store or Costco, without fail, multiple people comment to me about "having my hands full" or "you're a busy mom." Tate started asking me why people say that?! It made me laugh.
Well, one time this guy was kinda laughing at me at Costco with the boys.
I think people laugh because they tell me they remember "those days" and are so glad it is over:)
Anyways, he profiled the boys for me.
He guessed their ages correctly and told me...
Tate was my helper and a good boy.
Ryan--about the same.
But Blake. He said "He's going to be the one. The one that gets into trouble and gives me a run for my money."
At this point, I'm pretty sure he is correct.
Time will tell how things pan out with these boys.
For now, they'll enjoy being superhero's and eating icecream!













2 comments:
I can't believe you're taking them so far away!!!
Great post. They are adorable.
Post a Comment