8.05.2013

4th of July...overdue.

John and I had originally planned to change our traditional 4th of July plans up and go to Utah over the holiday.
We thought it would be a fun time to visit his family down there and experience Utah fireworks.
That was before the change in John's job and selling our house, buying a new one, getting ready to move...Utah got put on the back-burner for now. 
I'm hoping next fourth of July we can make it down there.
We were excited to be back to the traditional 4th of July plans.
Bothell Parade.
BBQ at Grandma's.
Fireworks at home.
Kids sleeping while John and I listen to the neighborhood blow-up.
My mom did a great job getting the chairs out like four days early so we could reclaim our good parade spot.
Good seats definitely made a big difference in our enjoyment of the parade.
The boys had a great time.
Got lots of candy.
Were sad the Seafair Pirates didn't make it to the parade this year. 
Blake got some really cool shades.

 We got some special hang-out time with Aunt Lauren and soon-to-be Uncle Carlos during the parade.
After the parade, we headed back to Grandma's and Grandpa's for a BBQ.
I never seem to get pictures of that part of the day...too busy enjoying some good eats I guess.
We love every chance we have to spend time with the family. 
We headed home after the BBQ with enough time to do some fireworks.
We are usually the first ones in our neighborhood to start the fireworks.
My boys just don't stay up late enough for the dark to kick things off.
We hold out as long as we can...about 7pm.
Tate helped get the fireworks out they picked out with John. 
The boys liked racing the tanks and other fireworks down the hill.
Ryan was doing pretty good with the loud noises for a while.
Then the "it's bedtime mood" kicked in and Ryan turned into grumpy pants. 
Just wanted to stay in my lap while the big boys finished up.
I was fine with that.
Even though our original holiday plans didn't work out; we had a memorable last 4th of July at our "old house."

No comments: