Last weekend our neighborhood was having a big garage sale.
I wasn't going to participate at first because I already had something going on that day and just didn't think it would be worth it.
The more I was cleaning rooms and closets out, I changed my mind and thought it would be fun to do.
My friend Lindzee said she had things she could sell too.
I rescheduled my Saturday plans and we decided to go for it.
We set-up at my house and decided to get a jump on things and open up on Friday too.
We were surprised at how many people came by.
It was great.
Learned some things for Saturday....like have a price on everything, be prepared for people to only want to pay one dollar for things that are worth way more then that, find something for the kiddos to do.
Saturday was better.
John wasn't working so he could help with Ryan and Blake.
I told Tate he could do a lemonade stand.
He's been wanting to see lemonade ever since his friend Spencer did last summer.
It was a perfect job for Tate.
No one could resist that smile.
Not sure why this picture got flipped, but Blake has this huge yawn.
He wasn't really into the garage sales fun.
Ryan had his girlfriend around to play with, so he was happy.
They had fun getting in the strollers we were trying to sell and play with the toys we had out.
We got a surprise visit from Karrie and David which was great to be able to visit with them.
And they were nice enough to take Tate and Blake on a walk to the little grocery store to spend Tate's lemonade stand money. Tate bought bubbles for him and Blake. That $16 he made was burning a hole in his pocket. He saved some of it, but has since made another trip to the little store and bought a Frisbee and more bubbles for Blake.



3 comments:
$16 is a great start to a business career! Kudos to a sweet mom who gave him that opportunity.
Don't forget the $2 cantaloupe he wanted to buy at Sam's Club....with his own money. I was just glad he ate it and liked it.
Too bad yellow piggy didn't make it through the sale.
Post a Comment