3.03.2013

A Pirate Party for Tate

This party was lots of fun to put together.
I have had the pirate theme in mind for a while now and so I was able to find things in Utah when we were there last year and find other things on sale:)
It makes it much easier to manage being able to work on it a little at a time!
Tate loves temporary tattoos and what tough pirate is complete without a treasure chest or skull on your hand?!
Tate and I came up with some fun snacks to have after all the pirating fun... 
 
 
When I saw this idea online, I thought it was the cutest idea-blue Jello for water and orange slices like boats.
Instant pirate ship. 
My kind of fish 'n chips! 

Tate had originally chosen a pirate ship for a cake.
Then a couple days before the party I was going over the cake again with Tate and then he said he wanted a treasure chest!
A treasure chest?
Good thing Tate was willing to help me pull-off this masterpiece.
I love that the coins cover up any imperfections and that pirate things are meant to be rough and tough looking! 
X marked the spot for the party.
All pirates must walk the plank.
 Gotta look like a pirate to find treasure.
Came up with a few simple pirate items. 
Vests with initials of each friend coming. 
 Thanks to Mary for just happening to have this red and white stripped fabric that she let me use.
Friends are the best!
The fabric made perfect belts for the vests.
The hats were cute, but didn't stay on very well:( 
Treasure map to find the hidden treasure! 
Tate also loves to craft so we came up with a simple paper plate pirate face the kids could make. 

Yay, for being a pirate. 
So happy to be five and have Grandma and cousin Paije able to join in on the fun! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one talented lady!

Leslie said...

So, so amazing.