3.07.2013

The Party

The party was on and we had a house full of excited kids!
First up was making a pirate face.
There were lots of variations on what pirate "whiskers" were like-dots, a full beard, or more animal-like.  Some were happy pirates, while others were more grouchy looking!
I love how art projects can each be so unique.

 
It was quite a wardrobe change getting all these kiddos dressed like a pirate.
With some extra helping hands (thanks moms), we got nine little pirates all ready to find some treasure.  I had visions of doing pictures of a couple little pirates at a time in front of the backdrop, but they were so excited to "arrrrggggg" and be noisy pirates.
A few group shots were going to do just fine!

Now they were ready for their treasure maps.
I was really happy the weather cooperated (no rain!) since I had all the stops for the treasure hunt outside. 
We all headed outside to find the plank.
*Note they had to be really careful not to let the duckies or baby alligator get them as they made their way across the plank.  All fingers and toes survived the plank.  Thank goodness!
I think the eye patch was really tripping Blake up.
He just started crying at one point, and I think it is because he thought he really couldn't see anymore out of that eye.
Pirates gotta be tough!
....and be able to handle having just one eye:)

Tate checking his map to see the next stop was the mailboxes to check for treasure.
Nope.
No treasure here.
There was lots of "TREASURE" shouting on our way.
Through the side gate to the trampoline.
We checked the tramp and back sliding door, but didn't find treasure.
We came back inside and checked out the tree in the front room.
Not there either.
The treasure hunters finally found it back out in the garage.
But, they had to work for it by whacking that pinata!
The kids got their treasure boxes with some gold coins and took a turn with the bat.
You could tell these kids wanted that treasure.
They were really taking some good shots at that pirate hat.
With a little help from the daddy pirate, the kids were in treasure heaven!
They filled up their treasure chests to over-flowing.
Tate had to go get a big ziplock bag to put all his spoils in.
Resourceful that kid is.

A few minutes to regroup on the porch...
then inside for some lunch.
These were some hard working/playing pirates that needed some recharging!

Tate was most excited to blow out the candles and then get to the presents.
Ever since Blake's birthday, and he saw the presents Blake got, Tate has been anxiously waiting his turn to open presents.
Ahh, it starts so young.

We had to do the candles twice because he blew them out before I had the camera ready!
A BIG THANK YOU to his buddies for all the cool toys!
Tate decided he wanted popcicles instead of icecream to go with the cake.
Gage approved:)

Cousin Paije and Blakey thoroughly enjoyed themselves and gobbled up some cake!
One very happy five-year-old!
Good thing we haven't lost the goofiness yet!

I'm a pretty lucky mom to have such a great little boy.
Tate told me what a "good job" I did with the party.
I was a little nervous about having so many little pirates over at once.
Would they want to do the activities, destroy the house, not get along?
No need to worry.  Tate has great friends who were very behaved and everyone had a good time.
Totally worth all the work.
I asked Tate what his favorite part was--the presents. 
Of course.

No comments: