1.10.2013

New Year

It's a new year and our zoo passes got renewed!
A big thank you to Aunt Robin for that Christmas present.
The boys and I were getting a little antsy at home and I had mentioned one night maybe we could go to the zoo in the morning.
I wasn't too sure because I haven't ever done the zoo without reinforcements to help wrangle all the boys.
But, Tate didn't forget in the morning that I mentioned going to the zoo.
The boys love the zoo.  I think they would be quite happy to go everyday.
I thought, "what have I got to lose?"  If all heck breaks loose, I can just pack them back in the car and come home.
We bundled up and headed out.
When we got to the zoo and out of the car it was so cold.
Really, really cold.
I was second guessing how good of an idea this was going to be.

They still had the light up from Zoo Lights which was cool.
Our first encounter was this peacock.
It was in no hurry to get out of our way and Tate and Ryan got a good view.
Blake was a bit scared of Mr. Peacock and hid behind me.
Funny boy.
We had so much fun together.
I was patting myself on the back for being supermom with all my boys, by myself at the zoo!
Truth be told the key to success was the zoo was pretty much empty.
I think the entire time we were there we passed two other families. 
It was awesome to have free-rein at all the exhibits!
I didn't worry about losing the boys amongst all the crowds that we usually deal with.
They stayed close by.
It was the best time. 
A good time even though we had cold fingers.
Another bonus is the aquarium is indoors.
Warmth. We stayed inside for a while.
We were the only ones watching the sharks!
That never happens.  That exhibit is usually packed with people.
Ryan loved pointing to all those big fish swimming by. 

My favorite part-the walrus. 
 He is a monster of an animal.
It is just incredible to see this creature up close.
Massive.  
And a bit stinky those sea-animals.
Tate was anxious to move on. 
We will be looking out for the next cold day to take another trip to the zoo.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We have zoo passes too! We've already been twice since Christmas! We should meet up one day :)