After I ran the Pumpkin Push in October Paige told Lindzee and I about this local Christmas run in December. We were still excited about having run the other race and having so much fun, we went home and signed up for the Christmas Dash.
You'd think that registering for another race would motivate you to keep running.
No running happened though.
Darn the rain, cold, and laziness.
Made this race a little harder, but John reminded me not to walk.
That was my goal...no walking.

There are smiles on our faces because it didn't rain (or snow like predicted), and we had a good time!
Running is always more fun with friends and I was glad Lindzee didn't let me bail out and brought me antlers to wear that have lights that flash.
I'm sure those definitely helped me run faster.
We met up with Paige after the race and all patted ourselves on the back for finishing.
This 5k is geared towards kids and families running, so Lindzee and I think next year we will bring our kiddos and run together with them.
It will be a fun new holiday tradition!
There has been lots of baking again...darn trying to eat well during the holidays.
There is too much yummy food and my willpower is on vacation.
I made 8 dozen of these Christmas trees for a cookie exchange with some friends.
There may be a future dentist in the family.
The boys had way too much fun at the dentist yesterday.
Tate got checked out by Blake and the dentist and passed.
He is doing great keeping the sugarbugs out of his teeth.
Tate was very excited to tell the dentist about his new toothbrush that turns on and off.
Tate has brushed his teeth about three times daily since we got it.
I would have gotten him a battery operated toothbrush a long time ago if I knew that was all it was going to take to get him to brush his teeth without being asked!
All the boys got a toy at the end of the appointment and Tate woke up this morning asking to go to the dentist again.
Sunday afternoon we decided to make our gingerbread house.
Tate and Blake did a nice job taking turns putting the candy on and not just eating all the candy.
Tate likes his candy pieces placed just in the right spot.
I thought this lovely house they made would make a great centerpiece for our dining room table.
It did look great.....for less then a day.
Putting candy right out there in the open and expecting two candy-loving boys to stay out of it was crazy. As soon as they finished the house they wanted to take a bite of it.
I tried to keep them out of it, but then decided it was a lost cause.
It was fun making it.
Even more fun eating it.
The boys love the antler ears.
Who knew little reindeer liked bananas?
And who's seen a cuter reindeer then that?!










3 comments:
I think I need your frosting recipe... Your cookies looked amazing. Just the right amount of smoothness and not running over the edge. Nicely done! It's possible my problem isn't the frosting, but until I try yours, I'm going with that.... Merry Christmas!
I didn't see they reindeer leggings before. That makes him doubly darling!
Leggings are for girls...but, I guess when you don't have girls you have to dress up your boys.
Post a Comment