A new family tradition started this year.
We had a special elf come to our home to watch the boys and report to Santa each night about if the boys were naughty or nice that day.
Tate named our elf Zig-Zag.
Each morning the boys would race around trying to find Zig-Zag's new "watching place."
He was usually up high on a shelf, or in a stocking, so he had a good vantage point to see how the boys were behaving.
I was surprised at how well Zig-Zag's reporting to Santa worked to keep their behavior good.
On Christmas Eve we got an email from Zig-Zag telling us this was his last night with us because he was headed back to be with Santa.
He would be back the next year so they needed to be good boys until he returned.
*Tate took this picture of Zig-Zag. A photographer in the making!
We had our traditional Christmas Eve feast with the family.
Yep, by the end of the evening we were all feeling about ready to pop!
We played some reindeer games:)
Auntie Lauren was a good sport to go first.
Tate and Blake got a kick out of being the reindeer.
I asked John if there was anything he really wanted for Christmas Eve and his reply was a lemon meringue pie.
"Just buy it," he said.
Yes, sir.
I was headed to the bakery to pick up the pie that we could not do without Christmas Eve morning.
I pull into the bakery.
Get out of the van.
Am opening the door to get Blake out when I realize a cop car pulled in behind me with his lights flashing?!
I sat there thinking..."when did he show up and what did I do?"
Apparently I was in a big hurry to get our Christmas pie (going 53 in a 35).
This could have seriously ruined my whole Christmas, birthday, probably would have been a little bugged John had to have this pie, etc. etc.
Long story short--
It was a Christmas miracle.
Just a warning and stickers for the boys.
I'm not sure if he took pity on me because it was my birthday the next day (he took my license) or he saw my three sweet boys (Tate who said, "just leave mom" after he realized the cop was behind us). Whatever it was I am so grateful this pie only cost $15 and not a couple hundred!
The boys were happy to open their Christmas eve presents--
A travel pillow I made for them with new jammies and each a new movie.
We were sure to leave our reindeer bait on the front lawn so Santa wouldn't miss our house.
David made a new best buddy.
Blake was pretty interested in the video games David was playing on his phone:) and just jumped right up to watch the action.
I was happy to have Blakey sitting quietly for a while.
It was a fun night with the family.
I love that the boys get so excited to have everyone over...
and they are totally warn out and ready for bed by the end of the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment