12.30.2012

Christmas Day

Auntie Karrie suggested we wrap the boys bedroom door with Christmas wrapping paper so they would have to break through it to get out.
Good idea.
Since we were all up before the boys it was a fun last minute idea.
Tate was first to break through around 7:30.
Ryan had been first up at 6:30am.  Uh, Ryan how did you miss the memo that we sleep in on Christmas day.  Not get up an hour early!
Tate found the reindeer guarding the stairway so no one could go down and peek before we were all ready to go together! 
Tate couldn't wait any longer for Blake to get up.
We went in to wake up Blake and Tate asked if he wanted to go open presents?
No.
And Blake rolled over and went back to sleep!
It took some convincing, but we got him up. 
Yay, Santa came and left some fun toys for the boys. 
 
Tate has been so excited to open presents.
He dug right in and didn't stop until all his presents were open!
Then he wanted to help the rest of us open ours:) 
Ryan was a happy little elf playing with all the things being opened.
This is Tate's figit...you squeeze them and they play music.
Ryan loves it and claps and dances to it. 
Santa brought Tate and Blake scooters!
I was surprised at how well both Tate and Blake did on them.
Now they just need helmets:)...that'll go on the birthday lists. 
Blake unloading his stocking. 
The groom-to-be.
Not sure how the bride-to-be escaped all these pictures? 
Tate also got an ant farm and a new ant blanket.
Tate is excited to get to have a pet-ants, I think I can handle.
Unfortunately, you have to get the ants mailed to you and they don't mail them until the weather is warmer.  The ant farm will be much cooler once it has ants in it. 
Uncle David was so nice and bought the boys an Imaginex castle.
It has been such a hit!
They absolutely love it. 
They also got an Imaginex rocket from a family friend and the two toys interact-technology, it is great providing hours of fun. 
Ryan was pretty excited about the scooter action too. 

I heard from Santa that he worked really hard on this play house for the boys.
Santa's sewing machine has never been so busy:)
I think Ryan loves it the most being able to crawl in really fast and peek out through the windows. 
Tate likes that the mail box opens and that he can fit all the pillows from the couch in it.
Blake likes to chase Ryan in there.
The big-boys testing out the little boys Connect 4 game.
Karrie and I have decided the big boys in our lives just need toys too.
*Note to self for next year...more toys. 
Once we had opened the stockings and presents, we had our traditional breakfast casserole and got ready to go to grandma's house.
Hooray! 
The picture taking seemed to tapper off at this point so I don't have a lot from the afternoon.
Auntie Lauren and Grandma worked hard to make Karrie and mine's birthday lunch request of
Cafe Rio burritos.
It was all so good!
We enjoyed the afternoon Skyping with Uncle Rob and Aunt Juliann in Texas.
I know I just said it, but technology is awesome.
It was so fun to feel like we were all together for Christmas.
We got to see their house all decorated and see what Santa brought them.
A big thank you for the stuffed owl present for the boys.
Tate has named him Whoo-whoo and sleeps with him every night! 
We also got to visit with Auntie Bonnie and her girls.
They've been remodling their new home, so it was great to get a tour of the new home! 
Next year Uncle Andrew will be home from his mission (in 3 weeks!) and we will really all be able to be together via Skype and all that.
It was mine and Karrie's birthday too.
It is hard to believe another year has come and gone and now I'm 33. 
Geesh, I'm getting old.
I helped my mom cater a wedding this weekend and it was for a family who has a daughter I taught at Finn Hill Jr. High my first year teaching.
She is in college now!
How can that be?
I certainly am no older now, then I was then.
Here's to not getting any older:)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow, the play house is so cute! You had so many cute ideas and fun things. Belated merry Christmas and Happy birthday!