1.17.2012

Ryan's Special Day

We blessed Ryan in church on Jan. 8th. 
It was wonderful.
We were waiting because John's parents were planning on coming into town.  Unfortunately, John's mom got sick and they weren't able to make it.  We were really sad not to have them there. 
The show must go on though and we had a nice get together with my parents and Auntie Karrie. 
It was a good thing Karrie suggested trying Ryan's blessing outfit on him the night before because it totally didn't fit!  I got this cute little outfit a month ago or so and it was a three month size.  I figured that would be fine since Ryan is three months at the end of this week.  I didn't realize Mr. Ryan would go through this big growing spurt and now be wearing 6 month clothes.
So, I went through his closet and I think we pulled together a very nice second look for his special day.  John's sister, Candi, made Ryan that super-cute onsie with tie attached.
Having church at 9am makes for some very busy/crazy mornings.  Especially when we're trying to get to church early to get a seat in the front.
The boys weren't feeling very well, so I knew if we were going to get any sort of family picture it would have to happen before we left.
It was about what I imagined.
At least everyone is in the picture.
John gave Ryan a very sweet blessing.
Blessing Ryan to be a peacemaker in our family, to develop his talents, serve a mission, be worthy to go to the temple with a companion of his choice, love the Lord and his family.
I know Ryan will do all those things.
He really is a blessing to have in our family. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like the onezies! And look how stinkin' cute he is! You sure make some handsome boys! We love you guys, and hope you are well, and enjoying the snow. Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!
love, candi