1.17.2012

2012 Here We Come

As it is the start of a new year, I've been spending some time thinking about my goals for this year.  Pretty much the normal goals come to mind having to do with losing this baby weight, eating better, reading my scriptures more, being more patient with my kids . . .
I haven't been really good about writing them down each year, so I'm going to start here and now.  They say you have better chances of reaching your goals if you write them down (and I need all the extra help I can get), so here goes: 
I came across this quote, loved it, printed it and it is now hanging on my bathroom mirror.  I read it every morning.  It is going to be my "mantra/theme" for this new year.
"She believed she could, so she did!"
I am going to do things this year.
Like going to the zoo and aquarium.
In the winter.
We wanted to.  So we did.
It was cold (I always underestimate how cold it is outside.  Notice the hoodies and not real jackets!)
We had the best time despite being cold.
Thanks Aunt Robin for the awesome Christmas present
(we plan on getting lots of use out of the Zoo Membership).
Tate graduated from Nursery and is such a happy Sunbeam.
I was worried about him transitioning.
Would he miss nursery?
Would he want John to stay with him in Primary?
He didn't even blink an eye when John dropped him off in Primary (hooray).
He LOVES being a sunbeam.
Blake is now one of only three boys in nursery now.  We went from a nursery of mainly boys last year, to just about all girls this year.  That change has presented new challenges being a nursery leader, but it has been fun getting to know more kids.  Blake doesn't seem to mind all the girls:)
Two boys sharing a room.
Now two boys sharing a bunk bed.
I didn't think sleep would ever happen in that room.
But, it does.
Tate and Blake LOVE their bunkbeds.
A big thanks to grandma and grandpa for that generous Christmas present.

No comments: