We decided to celebrate Blake's birthday a little early since we had family over for Ryan's blessing.
I planned on having a birthday lunch and cake after church the day we blessed Ryan.
I went with a "Cookie Monster" theme since Blake is a little cookie monster and still loves anything Sesame Street. It was really fun decorating the night before. Tate and Blake were both really surprised to wake up to all the streamers and Sesame fun.
These Cookie Monster cookies made the perfect centerpiece. I can't take credit for making those. A friend recommended this local bakery and so we put our order in. I was more then impressed with how the cookies turned out! Alison, owner of Sweet Themes Bakery, did an amazing job with the cookies.
Blake has got this cold.
Still. Two weeks later we are trying to rid it from our house since all the boys have been infected.
I knew Blake not feeling well would mean a speedy party so he could go take a nap!
A jiggler was all he would eat for his birthday lunch.
We did presents first . . .
He got spoiled by the grandparents and Aunt Karrie! John and I decided to wait until his actual birthday to give him our presents since he was more then thrilled with the dump truck that makes noises and goes by itself, toy drill, and CD player!
Big Brother Tate was right there to try out all the presents:)
John couldn't get that dump truck out of the wires fast enough for Blake to play with it.
After presents came the cake . . . I did have fun making this cake.
Blake was a good sport and blew out the candle and then it was off to bed.
He didn't even want to eat any cake.
I saved him some for that night and he still wouldn't eat any.
You know he really is sick when he turns down chocolate!
Blake's friend Kelsey and Spencer even came over to share in the celebration!
Well, Blake is officially two now (Jan. 13th).
We went to the doctor for his check-up and he passed.
With flying colors:
Weight- 29 pounds, 65%
Head circumference- 20 inches, 93%
Height- 35 inches, 73%
3 comments:
He was so sick :( And now I am sick :( But a fun party none the less.
Blakey does look a little sicky in those pictues. Sad I wasn't there....but glad I didn't get infected with the sickness! :)
Love the Elmo theme. Very cute! Happy Birthday Blake! Hope you're feeling better now. :)
Post a Comment