12.07.2011

Vintage

 Ever since Tate, we've borrowed this bassinet from my parents for the first couple months of our babies lives.  We keep it in our room until we can't sleep because of all the "little baby noises" and then we send our sweet babies to their crib in their own room.  It is a great bassinet because it is on wheels and moves easily if I need to pull it out to another room.  When we first used it for Tate I thought it was showing its age and thought it would be fun to repaint it and maybe even make a new liner for it.  Bunnies and boys?  I thought about getting a fabric a little more boyish.  Well, it didn't happen with Tate.  Didn't happen again with Blake.  I was pretty serious about it this time, but wanted to wait until we knew if this baby was going to be a boy or girl.  Even after finding out it was a boy-I didn't have the time or energy to change it.  I figured all the boys have slept in the bunnies, why not Ryan?!
I was asking my mom if there was a "story" behind this bassinet and she told me that this is the bassinet that she slept in as a baby.  My grandpa made the base and he left it loose so in the middle of the night he could stick his foot out of the bed and push on it to rock her back to sleep.  That's funny because I do the same thing--just rocking it with my hand though (short legs).  Turns out my grandma made the bunny liner for when my mom had my oldest brother Rob.  He slept in it and all of the rest of us kids did too!
I love that this bassinet has been put to such good use and that my boys get to use it now too! 
Vintage is what I like to call it and I'm glad I didn't change anything about it.

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Claire slept in that one too! I didn't realize grandpa m made it! That makes it way cooler!

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

i didn't know he made that either! good thing you didn't change it!!! What will we call it when my kids use it...vintage will be too recent!