I'm the oldest of the brothers in "the Brotherhood" of this family. I'm Tate and turning four in February. My mom thinks I'm three going on 16 because I walk around our house like I own the place. I've got an attitude and I'm not ashamed to show it. Speaking of attitude, my mom has made it her goal to keep that in check and so she's been cracking down on helping me learn to always be respectful and be nice. I may have a bit of an attitude at times, but I'm really a smart and fun boy. I am a vital part of this family!
There is a lot going on in my life these days. Here's what I've been up to:
By now you know about our little brother Ryan. I love him lots and lots. I am also GREAT big brother. When Blake joined our family it was a lot harder for me to adjust because he was stealing my thunder so-to-speak. I wasn't the nicest big brother to Blake because of that. I'm happy to say, now that I'm a bit older and know what it is like to have a little brother, I am a good big brother to Blake and Ryan. Blake and I have a good time together. Like in this picture. We were helpers trying to get Ryan to smile for his pictures. 

I also love to hold Ryan and give him his bottles. I'm getting really good at it and know just how to hold my arms around him so he doesn't squirm out of them. I don't even need my mom to keep her hands on Ryan anymore while I hold the bottle.
For the past couple or few months I've really gotten into watching the Food Network. I love to watch some shows while I have "quiet time." My favorites are Giada, Rachel, and Paula. I know most of the chefs by name and love to see what they're cooking. After I watch what they made, I love to experiment on my own in my kitchen. I make all kinds of creations. My mom is really the best and even lets me use her pots and pans and some ingredients!
Sometimes I make really tasty things and then I have mom and dad try them.
Other times, I make things that aren't good. I'm not too proud to admit my mistakes. I'll be the first to say something I made tastes "gross" or "disgusting." My mom is teaching and reminding me that if I'm going to cook, I have to be responsible and clean up my mess. We do teamwork. I put the dishes in the sink, she washes them and then I dry them and put them away. Yesterday, I was cooking and made some stuff I put in a mini muffin tin and put it in the oven (the oven was off). My mom didn't know I had put anything in the oven, so when she went to cook dinner in the oven it ended with lots of smoke billowing out of the oven vent and the muffin tin in the garbage. Oops!
Like I was saying before, Blake and I are getting to be great friends now. I often want him to play with me and stay in the room I'm in. We love to have dance parties and chase each other. We also both love to play in the sandbox. Even though it is starting to get a bit chilly outside, we still like to play outside as long as it is not raining!
Something new that is happening that I'm really excited about is at church I get to start going to Primary. In January I won't go to nursery anymore. I get to be a Sunbeam and go to Primary. To get ready for the change, my friends in nursery and I get to go to singing time each week in Jr. Primary. Last week was our first week and it was awesome! I can't stop talking about going to Primary and am excited for Sunday so I can go again. My mom is one of the nursery leaders and she is really excited I get to go to Primary in a month. It is going to be great!
I'm also super excited for Christmas. I'm making a list for Santa about what I'd like him to bring me. My dad keeps reminding me Santa only brings presents to good boys so I better be nice not naughty.
I'm working on it!

3 comments:
ha...ha...ha...what a big kid he is these days!
Wow, I think Tate and Chase would be awesome buddies. It really is a shame we don't live closer.
Very sweet! It's nice to see the relationship between the boys. Tate definitely is growing up!
Post a Comment