It has been a little while since I've done an update on the children. Thought I better get to it before I forget all the wonderful things he does and the things I would like to forget. The latter part of that sentence seems to be occupying the house these days. It is fun to read my friend's blog about her kids because they are just about the same age as Tate and Blake and she is such a great writer and I just want to say "ditto" to her posts because our kids are quite similar. Since saying ditto probably won't cut it . . . here goes in my not nearly as well written or funny way.
![]() |
We went to the rehearsal. Tate and cousin Paije did a great job practicing and thanks to Gracie, both kiddos made it down the aisle with no problems. And they both looked very adorable.
I think this picture of Tate is much more fitting of my little boy and his personality these days-a bit of a stinker!
1. Tate is Mr. I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T! He does most everything by himself these days. Getting dressed, picking out his clothes, getting into his carseat, opening doors, putting on music, doing art projects, everything he wants to do. By himself. That wouldn't be such a problem and I can appreciate him growing up and learning new things, but the kid is so stubborn that when he can't button up all the buttons on his shirt it is like temper-tantrum of the century because no one can help. He keeps at it until he gets it. Sigh. It is testing my patience. Every-single-day more patience is needed.
2. Potty training may be what turns my hair gray! It has been a struggle/battle/lots of tears/again much more patience needed then I have at times. Tate does great during the day-only goes a couple times, no accidents, but no "big potty" in the potty yet. He'll go get a pull-up to do his business in. I am running out of ideas and creativity to get him to go on the toilet all the time. Luckily, Tate has taken to John taking him to the bathroom and changing his pull-up which I am totally fine with!
3. Vocabulary-This is really the bain of my existence these days. Totally getting on my nerves in a big way. Tate's favorite word is stupid and I'm sorry Bethany that Andrew learned it from Tate. I have tried everything to get this word from his vocabulary with no luck. I haven't tried washing his mouth out, but we may be approaching that quickly. Today, I took away his blankets which seemed to work. I know it could be swear words or something worse, but this whole stupid this and stupid that and stupid everything is driving me crazy!!!! Patience please. . . .
4. On a more positive note, Tate loves dancing and singing. He is the keeper of the CD player and when it is "music time" at our house. Tate and Blake love to dance together (Run Baby Run is their favorite). The past few days we've gotten some sunshine and Tate plugs in the CD player out on the deck and we have a dance party-he likes the music loud. The boys are so cute together getting their groove on. I'm sure our neighbors and others in the near vicinity are loving it as much as the boys are:)
5. Tate has lots of special animal friends and takes such great care of them. He has a little polar bear "puddy" (he names all his animals and comes up with the most interesting names like "Inguini"), that he keeps wrapped up in his blanket, puts him down for naps, changes his pretend diapers, dances with him, puddy goes everywhere with us. I hope these are signs of the sweet big-brother that Tate is going to be.


1 comment:
Don't worry about the "stupid" word getting passed on! Andrew definitely heard it plenty from us before he decided it was his new favorite word! It could have been worse--Matt likes to say "oh suck" and I hear Andrew say that occasionally. I love your updates and it's nice to know I'm not the only mom whose patience is continually tried ;)
Post a Comment