9.11.2011

Summer Wrap-Up

September is here and it feels like summer is just finally arriving.  We have seen more of the sun this past week, then it seems we did the past couple months.  We spent most of August checking out some local parks.  It is great to have friends who know of all the hidden parks and introduced us to some new playgrounds.  This park, Lake Meridian, has recently been redone and it is great!  There is a fun new play area and there is also the beach.  Being a sunny day and all, the play area was pretty busy so we made our way over to the beach and the kids had a great time throwing rocks in the water and watching the dogs fetch sticks.
 Who needs toys when there are rocks that make good splashes in the water.
 Blake testing out the water.  The water was cold, but it felt good because the sun was shinning hot!
 Spencer and Blake finding good throwing rocks.
 It is hard to tell, but the boys are lined up on the cement edge (far right) and were quite happy watching this man throw the stick in the water for his dog to get out. 
 On our way out the kids got some more energy out by running up the hills.  Spencer and Kelsey showed Tate how to roll down the hill.  I don't think Tate has ever done that before and it was pretty funny to watch his facial expressions as he attempted rolling down.
 Spencer and Tate would randomly stop and have these very serious talks (or what looked like that).  It's funny because neither Paige nor I really understood what they were talking about, but they acted like they were having this everyday conversation with each other.
Oh how we love being outside!

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

I can't remember the last time I rolled down a hill. I'll have to have Tate show me how.