9.18.2011

My Buddy Blake

Blake is now 20 months old!  (Wow, how did that happen?  Almost two years old.) 
Blake is my buddy these days.  Where his big brother Tate is much more into daddy these days, Blake still loves his mom and wants to be everywhere I am usually by clinging to my leg or smashing his head into my bottom (oh, that I had longer legs!).  Blake has had some major teething issues the past few weeks, getting those molars in, and has been even more clingy and cranky.  But, I think those days are moving behind us and Mr. Happy is returning.  How I love that smiling face.
The thing John and I have noticed the most about Blake these days is that he isn't putting up with older brother Tate pushing him around and taking his toys.  Blake can pitch-a-fit like no bodies business when his toys get taken away or he has to come inside from playing in the sandbox or on the deck.  Sometimes, the trantrum tests my patience.  Other times it makes me laugh because he gets this great Grinch like face and you know he isn't crying because he is hurt-just mad.  Note to self* I really need to take some classes on how to better parent boys to be calm.  Totally open to suggestions:) 
The facts:
  • Blake is a picky eater, but starting to get better about trying new veggies and my dinner creations.  Will tell you all-done when finished eating.
  • Loves to rock and cuddle when he is tired.
  • Still a blankie and binkie boy.
  • Is going to be a cow for Halloween.
  • His cheeks jiggle when he runs.  So cute!
  • A bit clumsy . . . or top heavy.  Doing better though keeping his feet under him.
  • A total flirt with the ladies at church!  Especially the ones that will play peek-a-boo with him.
  • Digs his head in the ground when frustrated.
  • A very good copy-cat of his big brother.
  • Getting the personal hygiene thing down.
  • Says Elmo very clearly.  He is a total Sesame Street fan.
  • Jabbers all day long-says "Ella" (the dog), if you count or say the ABC's he tries to also.
  • Loves looking in the bathroom mirror when he gets out of the bath tub.
  • Points at everything.
  • Points to your eyes and kinda says "eyes."  We're working on nose and ears and other body parts.
  • Is happiest when I'm holding him which makes me feel so great!  I'll take it while I can get it:)

No comments: