5.25.2011

Being Prepared

     I think pretty much forever I've always figured if some natural disaster ever happened, I'd just go to my parents.  They're prepared.  They have lots of food storage, water, all that stuff we need in case of shortages, power outages, etc.  Well, I do have a family of my own now.  Reality is starting to settle in, that I should start being prepared myself.  Instead of having my parents as "Plan A."  I should be a bit more self-reliant and move then to "Plan B." 
     John and I have been working hard getting our own food storage and 72-hour kits together so in case it is needed we will be prepared.  But, sometimes being prepared seems to backfire a bit.  In the movie "Field of Dreams," there is this phrase . . . if you build it they will come.  Kevin Costner built a ball field and the people came.  I hope just because we are making more of an effort to be prepared for disasters, that doesn't mean we'll start having serious earthquakes or Mt. Rainier erupts on us.  Just like I didn't think just because we bought a house or a became minivan people, that the children would just automatically come.  But, in our case it seems like being prepared (at least with a bedroom and transportation) means children will come.  Karrie keeps reminding me I can't really use the term "a surprise" because "don't we know how these things happen?!"  It's true.  We do.  And yes, Krohn Baby #3 is on the way.  Serves us right for getting prepared.  Instead of moving back to my parents for their food storage:) John is pretty convinced we'll need to move back to have a grandma on premises at all times:)  I'm sure we will survive . . . at least I'm hoping so . . . but I'm glad we have family and friends close by!  We will see if it will be boy #3 or girl #1 around Nov. 1st.

9 comments:

Karrie Shepro said...

Way to sneak that little announcement in!

Bethany said...

Sweet! Can't wait!

Holly and Ryan said...

congrats. 11-1-11 I love the due date!

Jen and Jared said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Linda Westover said...

Congratulations! We're happy for you!!

Danielle said...

congrats!!!That is great, and you can say surprises because we only tried for 1.

David & Brenda said...

Congratulations! And I agree with Karrie...that was a pretty sneaky way to announce your news. :) I'm sure this newest addition will be a blessing to your family.

Brenda Sue said...

Oh yay!! I am so glad to hear this news because lets face it.. You nad John make ADORABLE babies!!

Kerri Kuykendall said...

Krohngratulations on baby #3! I'm so happy for you and John.