5.29.2011

Persistence

Tate is persistent and it totally paid off this weekend!  Tate has been on a farm animal kick.  Last year we went to this local petting farm (The Little Farm at Windwater) and for whatever reason he remembered it and wants to go back.  I've been checking their website and calling trying to find out when they will be open.  Honestly, just about the first thing out of Tate's mouth in the morning for the past couple weeks has been "is the little farm open?"  I decided we'd just drive down there and see what we could find out.  No one was there.  I didn't feel really good about just letting him look around without permission, so we drove around the area and checked out the big cows and horses from the car.  That didn't totally satisfy him, but it worked for that afternoon.

So, the next day (Saturday) I went to the temple with Karrie and Paige-it was great-in the morning.  By the time I got home, I figured the boys needed an outing.  Tate was on board with going back to the farm to see if someone would be there and Blake is always happy to get out.  We loaded up and dragged John along to go check it out.  My main goal was just to get an answer about their hours.  Tate and I got out and a nice lady told us they are hoping to open the beginning of June when the weather should be better.  She said if we wanted to wait they would be back from dumping stuff from the stalls and we could look at the bunnies.  We were happy to wait.  The owners were the nicest people and they gave us an awesome sneak preview.
Totally unprepared with no cameras, phone or good shoes (I was still wearing a dress and flip flops) we headed into the barn.  Tate and Blake got to see and hold:
  • a bunny that looked like a lion
  • the softest bunny I've ever felt
  • a big duck sitting on eggs
  • a baby duck
  • chickens
  • peacocks








and then he took us out to see the horses:
  • we saw a cow and her new calf
  • two horses
  • a pony
Dolly the horse with Sam the owners niece who was there showing us the animals too!
 But the best part was Tate got to ride those two horses and pony (bareback).  Blake got on with Tate at one point-darn it no camera!  Good thing John was walking by them because they both just slid off into his arms.  It was awesome.  It was so much more then we had expected!  We are totally pumped to come back with Tate's friends and see all the animals:)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

We love that farm! We would love to go with you. Having the whole place to yourself- priceless!

David & Brenda said...

What a great experience! And it feels so good when people are so nice and go the extra mile to make others happy. I'd say it was a very good day!