Blake hasn't been feeling well the past few days. I thought at first it was the teeth. I feel like for the first couple years of their life you can blame grumpiness on "teething." Gotta be the teeth. Well, he's been running a bit of a fever, not eating, upset, cranky, not sleeping well, needing to be held, etc. etc. It has been a long past few days and I miss my normal, happy Blake. I thought I better post some pictures of happier times to get me through this:)
Blake is normally very happy in the morning! He is still a picky eater and likes food to be in bigger pieces-I guess he thinks he's a big boy and doesn't need baby bites.
Cousin Paije (and mommy Bonnie) came to visit and spent last weekend with us. This is a good picture of how the weekend went. It was like refereeing-Tate decided he didn't want to share ANY of his toys with cousin Paije and it looks like Blake wasn't too excited about taking a back seat to his cousin either.
Blake loves trying to figure things out. He will sit for a while and try and put the top to a water bottle on or a lid to something. This morning he was trying to get the balls out and managed to get stuck! It was all fun and games until he couldn't get himself out.
Blake is still an excellent crawler. He is super fast and has mastered going up the stairs, but hasn't figured out the turning around at the top to come down. Once you get him started though, he'll slide right down. In some ways I'm glad he is still crawling. I still can't believe he is old enough to be walking! Today I was practicing walking with him and he did such a good job standing by himself and he even took 4 steps to me without tipping over. I think we're getting close. It will be nice not have to carry that little tank:) And maybe once he does start walking Tate will not think he too needs to be carried ("lazy legs" or "my legs are broken," Tate says).
Bath time-so much better when enjoyed without a big brother! There are times when Tate and Blake do great together, but these days life is just easier for everyone if we bath them separately. Blake loves splashing and jumping up and down.
| I couldn't resist a picture of that cute bottom! |
We put up this play tent a few weeks ago in the loft and the boys had such a great time playing in it! It was one of those times I thought maybe they will be friends after all. Tate dumped just about all the toys in and they played and played-together. Without fighting.
Getting ready for swimming lessons. The water in the pool is not warm by any means and I always felt bad putting my little guy in that cold water (especially when it takes me a few minutes to get all the way in). So, I invested in a swimming suit t-shirt (no idea what they are called?) for Blake. Not sure if it helps keep him warmer, but it makes me feel better that his bare tummy is not freezing.
Blake is definitely his own person. He will let you know if he doesn't like something. He still has the sweetest smile (I'd really like to get that back soon!) and is a great little brother.
3 comments:
I have a grumy baby on my hands too. It is not fun at all when your sweet happy little boy gets overtaken by the grumpy monster! I hope we both get our sweet boys back soon!
Teething stinks, huh? I think that may be the cause of our usually happy little guy being so incredibly fussy too. I love the picture on the rocking horse, by the way. Blake's face is hilarious. :)
I hope he hasn't got the bug that your dad had on Friday and I seem to have ended up with it today. So much for my plans for Monday- I've been in bed all day except to read Andrew and Lauren's letters (and your post :)
Post a Comment