4.26.2011

3 year check up

Tate went in for his three year old check up last week.  I thought Sesame Street had prepared us for a happy trip to the doctor.  Teaching Tate all the things doctors check and how is doesn't hurt-just tickles.  Not so much.  It took me at least five minutes just to get Tate to stand on the scale.  That was supposed to be the easy part of the visit.  Mom stepped on the scale (made my day), stickers, a lolli pop, bribing, anything just to have him put both feet on it at the same time.  It was exhausting.  I can't remember what finally got him to do it, but we managed to get his weight.  Then the real fun began.  Getting the clothes off brought on the tears big time and then to top it off-three shots!!!  What a way to end the visit.  The nurse did get his height and he is in the 100% for height and the 90% for weight.  The doctor said, "he is very tall and lean."  It was funny because that's exactly what my doctor says when I go in for check-ups too :)

3 comments:

Carla and crew said...

that's funny--my doctor says I'm a little under-tall!

Karrie Shepro said...

Poor Tate...sounds like the only thing that would have made it even worse was asking him to use the toilet :(

Paige Ballard said...

Very tall and lean, yes, that is what my dr. tells me...not....I'm liking this Dr., if I switch, do you think I'll get that kind of compliment? He does take those over 35 right?