For our anniversary (March 30th) this year, we celebrated a little early and headed down to Seattle for a quiet night without the kiddos (a big thank you to Grandma and Auntie Karrie for making that possible!). We stayed at The Roosevelt near the Convention Center and some great shopping!
Thanks to Groupon for making this trip to Seattle possible (I love a good deal). The Groupon included valet parking, a junior suite room and and voucher for dinner! I was worth every dollar. We went to the Daily Grill for dinner and had a delicious dinner. It was so nice to just enjoy dinner and not feel rushed to get in and out before the children start going crazy.
The next day we totally lucked out with a sunny day. That is rare for Seattle-especially this year. It seems like the rain is never ending. We headed over to Pike Place and enjoyed some of the yummy food there. Our favorite was the Humbow-it is a Chinese steamed bun with different filling like curry chicken or BBQ pork. Seriously, so good. John was also insistent that we visit the mini donut stand. They are great donuts you get in a paper bag with cinnamon and sugar and powdered sugar. So, pretty much we ate our way through Pike Place:) I kept thinking how cool Seattle is and that we should come down there more often. But, things are always trickier and a bit harder with two little one's. We were glad we got to enjoy the day for now.
So, that's what we had decided was our gifts to each other for our Anniversary. I was totally fine with that and wasn't expecting anything on our actual anniversary. Well, John totally scored big-time bonus husband points by surprising me with five little presents on the big day. There was a sweet note instructing when throughout the day to open each gift. Tate was the most excited about all these presents to open-we tried to stick to the time table, but most of the presents got opened about every 30 minutes or so.
The part I loved the most were the five reasons John listed for why he loves me (and the gifts went along with each present). Reasons like: there isn't a better mom out there than you! (the present was some coupons from John for a Free Girls Night, dinner made by dad, etc.); I love you b/c you are so sweet to our kids, family, friends, and me (Raisinets, my favorite); Appreciating all the hard work I do (gift certificate for manicure and pedicure); Support and love you give (Hershey Kisses); A wonderful cook (he made me a great chicken dinner). I really am not much of a gusher about how wonderful John is, but I should change that. He really is a great dad and husband and made me feel very special and important!
There are lots of reasons why I love John and am happy to be married to him!
Here are five of them for now:
1. He knows all the names of the Sesame Street characters and songs from Sesame Street.
2. He is a great player with our kids. He doesn't let other things distract him while he is playing with them.
3. He thinks I deserve "Girls Nights Out" and is always happy to watch the kids when I go out with friends.
4. He likes things clean and usually jumps in before I can and cleans up the messes.
5. He is willing to talk and listen to me "process" things even if he just wants the short story instead of the long story.
No comments:
Post a Comment