Blake is turning 1 this week (Thursday)! It still blows my mind he is 1. How is it possible that I have a three year old and a one year old?! We decided to celebrate a little early since my brother Andrew is headed into the MTC and was flying to Utah on Sunday. What better way to say goodbye then a Sesame Street themed birthday. I was glad the timing worked out that the family could make a pit-stop on the way to the airport to help us celebrate (and give us a chance to say bye to Uncle Andy).
We didn't have a lot of time since the guests were on a tight schedule, and Tate didn't waste any time diving into Blake's presents. As soon as everyone was there, Tate wanted to open presents. Maybe he felt like this was the Christmas he didn't get. Luckily, Blake is a good sport and let Tate open pretty much all the presents and start testing them out for him.
Blake got to see the toys that Tate wasn't so interested in.
As usual, we should have skipped all the presents together and just gave Blake bows and paper to crinkle up.
A CD with all Blake and Tate's favorite Sesame Street songs. We've been playing it since then and Blake just looks around confused not sure where the music is coming from since the TV isn't on.
I passed off the camera to help my little guy dig into the present from Grandma and Grandpa. Swimming diapers and a new swimsuit. Just what he wanted so he can start going to swimming lessons with his big brother!
Blake was so happy for all the fun new toys and birthday clothes.
Yea for Great Uncle Mark, Grandma, Andrew, and Grandpa that made the hour drive down to be a part of the party!
Blake spotted the cake after he was done with the presents and wanted some of that Elmo cake now.
Still can't believe my baby is 1!
I wasn't sure how Blake would respond to the cake. He was reaching for it earlier, but he seemed a little hesitant at first. . .
he must have got a good bite because he just dug in after the first lick. He went for Elmo's eyeball first. I just cut that part off for him (so the rest of us could have some slobber-free cake), and let him eat it up.
And eating it up he did! It was something to watch. Blake couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough. He picked that huge piece up and just took a monster bite out of it.
Grandpa was there with a drink to help wash it all down.
Good to the very last bite.
I'm thinking about how I'm going to get these clothes off him without making an even bigger mess. John was trying to be helpful and changed Blake into his Sunday clothes for the party. I had anticipated Blake wearing his "I don't care if this outfit gets trashed" instead of the Sunday clothes. I can't complain about a husband trying to be helpful I guess.
Can't forget Tate who was pretty much busy the rest of the time playing with Blake's toys.
Me, Blake and his other mother:)
Uncle Andrew. How we will miss you! It is also really hard to believe my little brother is headed off on a mission. Santa Rosa, CA is lucky to get him. After Christmas we went to church with my family to hear Andrew speak. I was so impressed with how well he did! My little boy and little brother are growing up-kinda makes me feel like I should be old.
Grandma always gets the best smiles out of Mr. Blake.
My parents are "empty nesters!" This world is getting crazy.
3 comments:
Happy birthday, Blake! These photos made me wish I could have been there. Andrew looks like a missionary in those photos, doesn't he? He has the glow.
Happy Birthday Blake! Is he really one? Hard to believe. And of course, WE haven't aged a day in that year... :)
I love that everyone still has their jackets on, like they weren't staying long! You should have posted the video of him eating the cake - amazing!
Post a Comment