To recap: Blake was throwing up Wednesday and Thursday night. Blake got betterwhile Tate started throwing up Friday (Christmas Eve). Saturday Tate got better while I was wishing someone would put me out of my misery on Christmas Day/Birthday. LeeAnn got better by the end of the day. John sick on Sunday.
There are not a lot of pictures to remember this fine holiday by pretty much because I definitely wasn't up to taking pictures and I forbade anyone from taking pictures of me. This picture managed to slip through the cracks . . . I pretty much spent the day back and forth between the bath, hot tub and bed trying to feel better. It reminded me of the first few months of pregnancy (how I hate that part), just feeling crummy and not being able to do anything about it. There will be no "announcements" about more children for a while after this awful reminder.
I tried hard to put on a happy face seeing as it was Christmas and all, but I really couldn't do it.
I think Blake was the only one of us that really had a fun day. He was happy to get some new toys that light up and make noises. Blake also got an activity table that he likes practicing standing up and playing on, a new puppy that talks, books, cool outfits, and lots of other fun things to keep him a happy boy!
Tate was feeling better Christmas morning, but definitely not his normal happy self. He was really excited to see that Santa had listened to him when he asked for a train track.
Tate took some encouraging to keep opening presents and his stocking.
I tried hard to put on a happy face seeing as it was Christmas and all, but I really couldn't do it.
I think Blake was the only one of us that really had a fun day. He was happy to get some new toys that light up and make noises. Blake also got an activity table that he likes practicing standing up and playing on, a new puppy that talks, books, cool outfits, and lots of other fun things to keep him a happy boy!
Tate was feeling better Christmas morning, but definitely not his normal happy self. He was really excited to see that Santa had listened to him when he asked for a train track.
Tate took some encouraging to keep opening presents and his stocking. He was quite content with the trains.
Tate got some really cool presents including another Thomas Track, his own art box, a digger that makes noises, books, a "Cars" toothbrush that he also wanted Santa to bring, a sleeping bag, Thomas pj's, and other things that I was too out of it to remember:)
Tate got some really cool presents including another Thomas Track, his own art box, a digger that makes noises, books, a "Cars" toothbrush that he also wanted Santa to bring, a sleeping bag, Thomas pj's, and other things that I was too out of it to remember:) All I know is my boys got spoiled!
I was really glad that we were at my parents while we weren't feeling well. Not because I wanted to ruin their Christmas or get them sick (which luckily no one else did), it was a life-saver to have grandma, grandpa, aunt Karrie, and uncle Andy around to keep Tate and Blake entertained. I'm afraid we scared off all the other relatives that were going to come over.
There were lots of distractions like my brother Rob and his family on Skype, Lauren calling from Argentina on her mission, and my other sister Bonnie calling in from Washington DC.
Birthday. Um, I guess it happened. I think this might have been the first birthday in 31 years that Karrie got her own birthday dinner since I was wishing for death in my bed. There was an ice cream cake and chocolate cheesecake there probably were even candles. Looking back now, we should have just put Christmas on hold and not tried to do it when we were all miserable. I think everyone would have had a more enjoyable day, but I guess it's hard to wait when it seems like we waited so long for the big day to actually get here. When I asked Tate what his favorite part of Christmas was, he said "train tracks." I'm glad he has forgotten all the throwing up and feeling awful part. I don't know that I'll forget that quickly. For now, I'm glad we are all healthy and I'm looking forward to a new year . . . sick free (since we more than had our share).
I was really glad that we were at my parents while we weren't feeling well. Not because I wanted to ruin their Christmas or get them sick (which luckily no one else did), it was a life-saver to have grandma, grandpa, aunt Karrie, and uncle Andy around to keep Tate and Blake entertained. I'm afraid we scared off all the other relatives that were going to come over.
There were lots of distractions like my brother Rob and his family on Skype, Lauren calling from Argentina on her mission, and my other sister Bonnie calling in from Washington DC.
Birthday. Um, I guess it happened. I think this might have been the first birthday in 31 years that Karrie got her own birthday dinner since I was wishing for death in my bed. There was an ice cream cake and chocolate cheesecake there probably were even candles. Looking back now, we should have just put Christmas on hold and not tried to do it when we were all miserable. I think everyone would have had a more enjoyable day, but I guess it's hard to wait when it seems like we waited so long for the big day to actually get here. When I asked Tate what his favorite part of Christmas was, he said "train tracks." I'm glad he has forgotten all the throwing up and feeling awful part. I don't know that I'll forget that quickly. For now, I'm glad we are all healthy and I'm looking forward to a new year . . . sick free (since we more than had our share).
2 comments:
So sorry about your awful day. When I was a teenager I had an awful case of the flu one Christmas. It is forever implanted in my mind! It would be way worse to celebrate Christmas that way when you have children. Glad it's a memory for you now as well.
I think Tate may have liked the Christmas lights as much as the train set! Thanks for letting me have my own birthday for once ;)
Post a Comment