11.14.2010

Watch Me Grow

Blake is 10 months old! As usual, the months keep flying by. I can't believe I only have 2 more months before my little guy turns one. I've already got the party supplies ordered:) Blake definitely has his own personality, is getting cuter everyday, can navigate around the carpet on his own, talks a lot, and loves making loud noises. Blake is an early riser and John usually takes the morning shift, but this week he has been out of town and so I had the pleasure of getting up between 6 and 6:30 every morning. I didn't really love getting up then, but I do love Blake's happy face when I walk in his room. Blake and Tate love to watch Sesame Street together. It's kinda their morning thing to watch a little bit together before Blake goes back down for his morning nap. Blake loves to eat! He wants to help with the spoon and loves picking up finger foods all by himself. His favorite are the banana flavored puffs and more recently hamburger (thanks to grandma for broadening his taste horizons!).

Tate and Blake usually have a good time playing together. We are trying to help Blake like being on his tummy more. Blake is getting good at rolling over any way and he pushes his bottom in the air and pushes with his legs to scoot around. Blake also does this funny "fish flop." When he's on his back he arches his back and pushes with his legs and moves backwards. It's pretty funny to watch.Blake loves exploring new things and gets this serious look of concentration on his face (notice the eyebrows scrunched) when he is trying to figure out how things work.

Every now and then we get lucky and convince Auntie Karrie to come down and visit us.
Blake loved cuddling up with her before bed.

We also love going outside when the weather cooperates. We have a few favorite spots in the neighborhood we like going to (the swings, froggie and whale, and the hidden trail).
Blake's buddy Emma. Blake and Emma attend their older brothers playgroup each week
and have become good friends.

Bath time could be Blake's favorite time of the evening. He has figured out if he bangs the walls of the tub it makes a really loud noise and if he waves his hands around he gets splashed. All things that lead to a really fun bath for him and a wet one for me. I love spiking his hair-this one patch of hair was getting pretty long compared to the rest of it, so we had his hair trimmed before we had family pictures. I can still spike it, but it isn't quiet as high.
We love having Blake in our family and love seeing him grow into a little boy.

1 comment:

David & Brenda said...

Nice post. Little Blake is a sweetheart! Boy, does he look like his daddy!!