11.21.2010

Tate Update

Mr. Krohn
I should post more about Tate because this kid cracks me up everyday! The funniest things come out of his mouth and some not so polite things . . . thanks to the dad for that. Tate is 2 years old and nine months today and here's what Tate's all about these days.

He's always had a thing with anything he can plug-in (I know dangerous on many levels). In any case, now he knows how to make circuits-he'll get the extension cords (which he used always call chargers), and plug it in somewhere in the house and then he'll get the hair dryer (or Christmas lights or vacuum or cell phone charger, etc.) and plug that into the extension cord and then end up in another room drying his hair. Or, like yesterday we had to take the set-up outside and dry the wind?! Not sure where that came from, but he dried the wind . . .
the plants, trees and bark by the front porch. It was so funny to watch him move from plant to plant drying its leaves. Tate's has definitely reached the imaginative stage and I love it. His little mind is full of the most interesting and exciting adventures.

Again with the electronics, Tate loves taking pictures. He has my old camera (well, it became his by default because I couldn't keep him out of it), and walks around the house taking pictures of random things and telling us to smile. And then he'll say "cute one" after each picture. I was going through some of them and it is really interesting to see things from his perspective. I thought this picture of the phone on John's desk turned out pretty cool. You can see his "ghost" hand to the right of the phone. Maybe I've got an artist in the making?
This is as close to pets as Tate's ever going to get. I got these farm animal that are a lacing activity. It's hard to see from this picture, but the animals have holes around the edges and there is lacing so he can practice those fine motor skills. He totally doesn't use it for that. He talks to these animals like there his pets and the laces he uses as a leash and he ties it on and takes them all over the house. There used to be at least 5 animals, but we're down to just two now. Not sure where the others are hiding-maybe at the park, because we did have to take them with us on many walks and they went down the slide and on the swing.
Tate is mommy's little helper. He's also had a thing for vacuums since a young age and now that our new vacuum is lightweight, it is really easy for him help out:)
My least favorite job to do-cleaning the potties. Glad I have a willing helper.

Tate loves singing and dancing. He takes his CD player around the house plugging it in whichever room we are in and jumps around the room to the music. He also loves using props for songs. These are puppets for "Old MacDonald had a Farm." He also has props for "We are a Happy Family" and "If you chance to meet a Frown" (thanks to nursery leaders for those).

Tate is a part of a fun playgroup in the neighborhood with 4 other boys all about the same age! We have themes for each week where they get to do fun boy things and make cool art projects. The first one is train tracks dipped in paint that he rolled over the paper.Colored glue made for a beautiful leaf, and practicing shapes to make a truck. He looks forward to playgroup every week and gets so excited to see his friends.

Tate also loves it when Auntie Karrie comes down for a visit. He hold her keys and phone for her while she's here and pulls her around showing her all of his toys. Tate also loves spending time with grandma-we just never seem to get pictures of those adventures.

He does crazy things in the stroller. Loves swinging and going really high.
Likes taking his blankets with him wherever we go (we wash them a lot:)) I know he's a little old for these items of attachment and I'm trying to keep them in his bed only, but that's not really going so well.
He loves to run and play chase. The entire time we were trying to get our family pictures taken, he would take off and we had to chase him around the parking lot and pretty much the entire Seattle Center. The kid has endless energy! It's a good thing Holly is such a good photographer and still managed to get some good shots even with all the running in between.
This morning we woke up to snow! Tate wanted to go out and touch it. He kept saying "smells like snow." He ran inside and up the stairs to tell John "it's snowing!"
I didn't think it would really stick, but by tonight, we actually got enough to make a snowball and people were making snowmen in their yards!
Some of the funny/sweet/not so polite things Tate likes to say:
How you doing toots?
I'm making cottage cheese in my bottom. (Lovely)
What's up babe?
Come on baby.
Are you kidding me?
Let me ask you a question. (and then just stands there)
I love you!
Big Blue is my best friend.
I need a Binky. Where is my Binky? (He thinks b/c Blake has a Binky he needs one now.)
I need the hang-chain (key chain).
Where is the hang-chain for the Binky's?

No comments: