5.30.2010

First Dad Hair Cut

I figured I better get caught up with my blogging while I have a quiet moment (I never know when I'll have this much time uninterrupted on the computer). This will be the last installment of firsts. Tate was in need of another hair cut. I thought we'd save $20 and just have John do it. He's pretty good with a razor-I'm sure he can cut a 2-year olds hair. We've been talking about "Dad cutting Tate's hair" all week in hopes we wouldn't have a repeat of the crying when Tate got his first hair cut. We didn't have the fun airplane or Sesame Street playing, but he did get to sit in the Bumbo and have gum.

*You can't tell, but Tate is wearing a diaper:)* The look on Tate's face is pretty great. He was totally shocked as soon as John turned that razor on and tried to get out of the Bumbo and off the counter. I got Tate back in the seat and assured him it wasn't going to hurt. Gave him the gum and that seemed to work. Back in the seat he went and he sat there as patiently as a 2 year old can while John worked (a bit slower than the lady at the other place), at getting it just right.

The hair was all over Tate's face and back, but Tate only moved a little bit. I was trying to encourage John to go faster anticipating that Tate's patience was quickly coming to an end. John had his hair just perfect I thought. John thought he needed to get a little fancy and get the front a little shorter.

Well, one twist of Tate's head and the shorter front part got stretched farther back on one side. So, it all came off!

We were so close to a really great first dad hair cut, but neither of them seemed to mind the buzz cut. It is still a great hair cut for being free.

A new summer do to wear with his new jammies (thanks to John who is a Sponge Bob fan).

2 comments:

Karen said...

It would be very hard for that boy to NOT be the cutest kid on the block!

The Aprecios said...

I think its cute, and if the summer ever comes, he will stay nice and cool :)