3.11.2010

Latest Project

I'm still on my organizing kick and the next thing to tackle was this wasted space in Blake's closet. Before, there was just the top wire rack. There is another wire rack on the other wall, but no other shelving. I was finding myself piling things up on those shelves when there is all this unused space below. I thought, how hard can shelves be to make? They're not hard at all.

The nice people at Home Depot showed me all the options and I went with the most cost effective which also proved to be the easiest (in my opinion). I just bought two tracks that run vertical down the wall, supports for the shelves, and the wood for the shelves. Again the nice people at Home Depot cut the wood down to the right length for me, then home I went to build some shelves (okay not so much build, but put together).

John wanting in on the action was given the task of putting on the tracks. I got to do the rest of the fun stuff. I'm quite happy with the results.



It really makes me so happy to have things in order. I love it that everything has a place and it makes it so much easier for me to get to what I need. I've also been doing a lot of de-junking. Taking what we don't use or need to D.I.
John's not sure what's gotten into me, but I need something to focus on since I'm not working, and because I'm at home what I choose to focus on (besides our wonderful children), is our house and making it even better.

More projects to come . . . :)

1 comment:

Linda Westover said...

One of the nice things about shelves like those is that you can change the spacing on them as the need arises. Dejunking is a GREAT thing to do...too bad more of us don't do it a little more often!