John's big project was getting our fence in. Now, that that is finished it was on to more fun things. I wanted to have a planter box and try having a garden. I realize we were probably a bit late for optimal growing, but this was as soon as we could get things together. Why not just give it a try this year and see what we get?!
As you can tell, Mr. Tate is always a huge help when it comes to projects. John was very patient with Tate wanting to run back and forth with him while loading dirt and bringing it to the backyard. I was in charge of spreading the dirt-which I did an excellent job doing:)
The finished product! The planter box was to help keep Tate in the backyard. It was a nice thought, because now he likes to climb up the big rocks and get over that way. Life with a little boy-there's no containing him.
We planted broccoli, a tomato plant and some beans and peas on the hillside. A few of the tomatoes are starting to turn colors and the beans have really come up. Still waiting on the peas.
You can't really tell in this picture, but on the left side the peas are starting to come up and I think the carrots are starting to break through the dirt. No zucchini yet, basil in the back and another tomato plant (not sure it is going to produce anything), and a squash plant. A special thanks to the grandma for our "instant" garden-I couldn't find any starts, so my mom brought down some transplants from her garden to get us going. The other slow starters are from seeds. Its been fun watching things grow and I hope the garden will survive Tate (he's only pulled out a couple bean plants so far).
1 comment:
Uh, who'se going to eat the tomatoes?
Post a Comment