3.24.2009

John's baby

I don't have a lot to say about this. I don't know what started this love of El Camino's in John's heart, but he tells me there is a deep love for this car that wants to be a truck, but is not. You might be able to pick-up how I feel about this particular type of car (not what I dream of at night). Anyway, John found this on Craigslist and got a 'steal-of-a-deal.' That's what John tells me to make feel better about spending that kind of money on another car we don't really need:) It's an investment. Um, we have never called cars investments at my house before. My sisters will soon learn what it is like being married to a man who loves cars-you have to compromise even if it isn't a car you would ever want to drive (they're not big fans either). Juliann probably understands and I know my mom does. A long story short, John is happy with his new purchase and loves driving it around. Tate has even got a ride up to Grandpa Krohn's in the new car. I will say it is a nice car . . . for an
El Camino.

5 comments:

khland said...

Kile bought an El Camino in our 4th year of marriage...that was nearly 20 years ago...gotta love these guys :) ~Heather

Carla and crew said...

One of my roomies had a not-so-nice thing about "el-camino folks" (that was Brenda for those who know) and now she is married to a guy who would do exactly what John did!! You gotta love the "payback"!

Juliann said...

Congratulations! A new project car is almost like having another child, except it may be more expensive. We need to know the stats. Engine V8?, mileage, mods, plans... --Rob

April Bishop said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! I feel your pain. We have a trans-am and three engines in our garage...

Jessica said...

I'm with John on this one -- that is a sweet ride.