4.08.2009

Tropical Vacation

Spring Break was last week and John and I had been planning this trip for a while. It also happened to be our third anniversary. What better way to vacation and celebrate, but taking a cruise to the Caribbean?! A big thanks to Karrie for the hook-up on cruising. Bonnie and Ben also were able to join us and we had a great time vacationing with them and catching up since it's been about a year since we've seen them.

As I was going through my pictures and the pictures from the last half of our trip seem to have gotten erased as I loaded them on the computer-I'm sad about that and am wishing I knew more about computers to try and retrieve them (big sigh). Anyways, here is a condensed overview of our trip:Our ship the "Ruby Princess." It is one of Princesses newest ship and it really was beautiful.This is the main atrium area. There was usually someone playing the piano and/or playing the violin. It was really nice to just sit and listen to the music. This was our first stop in Jamacia. It had beautiful views, but it was a bit sad seeing how run-down a lot of the homes are. We did pass a few schools and I love seeing students in uniform! I'm a big fan of students wearing uniforms:)
The next stop was Grand Cayman. We went snorkeling and swimming with sting rays. Everyone who wanted to got to hold a string ray and kiss it even. It is really a wierd feeling having those animals swim through your legs. There was lots of screaming and yelling going on at that place.
There were usually a couple other cruise ships at the ports of call with us.
One night before dinner we watched the cruise staff build this "champagne tower." I think everyone was watching and holding their breath to see each of these glasses stacked without falling. They did it and was really cool to see it finished and the champagne following.
Enjoying the food! (We all did that-maybe a little too much)
Ben and Bonnie one evening watching "Movies under the stars." The days were beautiful, but the evening were pretty windy and we did even get some rain while watching the movies. Despite the rain, it was really fun being able to lay out and watch movies on the deck of the ship.

Formal night.
Our first night getting ready for dinner-hum, the days seemed to revolve around the meals:)
Well, that's the first half of the trip--I'm still so sad I lost half of the pics. Frustrating!!!
Also, a very big thanks to GRANDMA and grandpa, aunt Karrie and uncle Andrew for watching our walking boy Tate while we were gone. John and I are sure lucky and feel really blessed to have such a great family close by that is willing to babysit for us!!!
Maybe more fun pictures in the sun to come if I can figure out the picture-eating-computer!

2 comments:

April Bishop said...

Good luck finding your pictures... Looks like you guys had fun. Siiiigh. I need a vacation...

Holly and Ryan said...

That's great! What a great looking cruise. Happy 3rd!!!