Happy news on the "sleeping front." I don't know what has triggered the change, but both John and I are happy to report that the child is sleeping through the night. Well, he has been doing that for a while. The issue was with his wake-up time--6:30AM. Way too early, but now he sleeps in until at least 7:30 (sometimes even 8:30). It is like a whole new happy, well-rested world we are living in. He is our little "froggy" sleeper now.
Still no walking yet. But, Tate is getting more confident standing by himself and walking along with John or I (holding onto our pants). He'll figure it out one of these days. He is just funny trying to walk, b/c he gets mad at us for making him practice. He usually just drops to the knees and crawls where he wants (so much faster and easier).
Bath time is getting so FUN!!! and funny. Lately, Tate cracks up when he throws things. My mom and dad took him over to Karrie's one night (since he decided he needed some awake time at 9pm and I was making something), and apparently Tate stood at her coffee table throwing the wrapped Lifesavers on the ground totally laughing. Tate's new thing is definitely throwing things. All the extra banana pieces and crackers on the ground, clothes pulled out of the drawer and bath toys tossed on the ground laughing the entire time. It is so funny how Tate cracks himself up!
Once all the water is drained, he like to try and lick it up (that's the bottom of the tub). Then, he'll lay on his belly and slide up and down the tub. Hilarious.
A little sip from the yummy washcloth. That was the latest item he was enjoying throwing out of the tub (sopping wet! That is, the washcloth, me and the ground).
I have Photoshop on my computer now (thanks to school), that I was playing around with. It is so amazing all the fun things you can do to pictures. I certainly don't know all that you can do, but I was having a good time experimenting with the options.
This is John from our honeymoon (somewhere in Mexico).
That's me in Tate's room before church today.
Tate before church. This option is supposed to make the picture look like it is painted. (I guess if you look closely.)
Early birthday presents. Tate's birthday is on Tuesday. I've been having a hard time keeping the presents a surprise. I thought I should just set this up (in anticipation of his party), but how can you not give it to him then and let him play? So, I did (along with most of his other presents:) Him and dad were having a good time playing.
Survivors. To make a long story short . . . John had Tate during third hour of church while I was doing sharing time in Primary. John is with the 14-15 year old boys and one of them was holding Tate. Rather, Tate was on a table and the boy was watching him. As you mother's of little ones know . . . it only takes a second of looking away to have a fall. Straight off the table-flat on his back. I'm not sure who was more shaken up; Tate or John? It's true, babies bounce (Tate is fine) and Dad's cuddle to make up for it. Above was the scene about 5 minutes after we got home from church. A much needed break.
This is John from our honeymoon (somewhere in Mexico).
That's me in Tate's room before church today.
Tate before church. This option is supposed to make the picture look like it is painted. (I guess if you look closely.)
2 comments:
Ian totally does that in the bath too! It's so funny.
I can bribe the twins with baths. If you clean up your room, I'll let you take a bath... Happy birthday to Tate on Tues. Is he really a year old?
Post a Comment