2.07.2009

This Week at Home

It really does seem like everyday Tate changes in someway. He is like a sponge just soaking up everything around him. It is getting more and more fun to play with him, that is when he plays nice. John, grandma and I think grandpa are all sporting scratches on their noses from Tate showing them he knows where their nose is. Besides grabbing facial features, Tate also loves phones! Especially our cell phones. I'm sure he's called some of you and left a message-sorry about that. He also loves playing with his toy phone. John and Tate have a good time playing together. John generally plays a little more rough with Tate. John wants to make sure doesn't turn out "girly." "Boys play rough," he reminds me. I guess that's why it's good their is a mom and a dad. Balance in all things.
This was last week before church. Now that we don't have church until one o'clock, we have lots of time in the morning to play around with the camera. Tate is getting to be a good smiler for the camera. I walked into Tate's room after his nap one day and it was so funny (at least to me anyways). There he was with this sad face and his hair was all messed up. It's hard to tell, because he doesn't have much of it. Maybe that's why I was so excited to see messed up hair-that means he has some! Look closely and you can see the Dennis-the-Menace hair spike in the back.
Tate isn't walking yet, but he must be close because he crawls around with his legs up. It looks so funny. I just keep thinking-stand-up, it would be so much easier. He used to pretty much stay in the TV room and play, but now he is Mr. Explorer. No room is safe from Tate. He now likes to go into the living room and play with the magazines (that John constantly replaces and organzies), and the globe on the coffee table. We are learning that all the things we thought were great decorations, are quickly becoming Tate's favorite toys!

Life with an almost 1 year old is fun:)

6 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

He is getting huge! And I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your hair!

April Bishop said...

You look amazing! Totally thin face in that picture! Tate really is getting big. I'll be sad to see his bald head go away. I love bald little babies.

Linda Westover said...

He's cute alright, but I LOVE your hair! Life is obviously good to you.

Karrie Shepro said...

Holy cow did he pee through his overalls?

LeeAnn said...

That's funny. I never noticed that on his overalls. He didn't wet through them-I think that was my shadow.

Carrie said...

Hey LeeAnn! I loved looking through all your recent pics! I especially loved the picture of you and Tate that you took before church...you look absolutely gorgeous!