7.20.2008

Sunday Funny

I wish I would have had my camera for this moment, but I was at church so I didn't and our camera is broken. I will do my best to recreate this situation in your minds. It's Sunday and we're doing the church thing. John had Tate for the second hour because I was in charge of sharing time in Primary. I'm doing my thing for Primary (which always goes so much better in my mind) and I was just about finished when I saw John had come in the back and was dropping Tate off for me to watch him the third hour while John taught his lesson.

No problem, usually this is Tate's naptime (like now, but he is just singing to himself in his room) and he sleeps quietly in his car seat in the back while I finish up with Primary. Junior Primary is over and we're switching to Senior Primary, getting things ready, and I walk quickly by the car seat and see little hands and feet moving. I think to myself, remember Tate is not really asleep and come back and check on him. It had maybe been 10 minutes from when John dropped him off to when another teacher gets my attention and points to the car seat. "Oh ya," check Tate. I thought maybe he was being fussy and I couldn't hear him because it was a bit noisy. I go to the back of the room and what do I see, but my little squirmer had wiggled himself out of the car seat. Tate was laying on the ground, car seat tipped up, and his head propped up on the edge of the car seat. He was just laying there with a big smile on his face. It was so cute.

I couldn't believe he had gotten himself out of the car seat without anyone really noticing. Now I'm thinking my easy days of him staying where I put him is quickly coming to an end. Next time: Use the buckling system provided!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a guy! He wanted to be in Primary. It sounds like he was pretty proud of himself.

Rob and Juliann said...

Thanks for the good laugh. Cute little Tate.

Eric Westover said...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Tate looks a lot like Ian. I don't know.

HAdams said...

Oh, yes....take advantage of the buckle, it will prolong the time you can stick him in the car seat. It is pretty sweet when they are content to just sit where you left him. Good job, Tate on the attempted break out!!

Brenda Sue said...

What a funny kid! I sure love that cute baby! Just don't forget to use the seatbelt when you go in the car! That would be bad. At least he didn't hurt himself.