4.22.2014

Krohn #4

There are times where it is still doesn't seem real that we are having another baby.
We found out on Christmas Eve that there was a bun in the oven.
The best Christmas present ever!
We try to hold out telling anyone for a while to make sure nothing goes wrong and you're pregnant for such a long time.
The longer we wait, the quicker it seems the baby arrives. 
 My ultrasound to find out the gender was Monday morning of Spring Break.
We were sad to have to leave grandma's house early, but I wasn't going to miss this appointment.
Tate wasn't feeling really well, so John stayed home with them instead of coming to the appointment with me.
I'm okay with that, because I like being the first to know the gender.
I kinda think it is a mom's right to get that info before anyone else:)
I've never been good at guessing if it is a boy or girl...I thought for sure Ryan was a girl based on the pregnancy being so different from the first two.  I obviously don't know my body that well!
This time, I let myself really hope we might get to see what a baby Krohn girl would be like.
Not that I would have been disappointed in another boy.
When the technician said she was "going to call it.  I think it is a girl."
I had to ask if she "thought" it was or she was "sure."  She pointed to the area on the screen where there "wasn't anything.  If it was a boy, there would be something sticking out to about here."  Sticking out parts....something I am rather familiar with!
 The rest of the ultrasound I just was trying to wrap my head around the fact that it really is a girl!
I found this book at the gift shop on my way out. 
I thought it would be perfect for the boys to open along with some pink bubble gum.
Before the boys opened the little presents, I took a poll of what gender they thought the baby was.
The boys and John all guessed it was a girl.
I guess it was meant to be.
Bring on the pink!  We couldn't be more excited to meet her on August 21st.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Can't wait to see what she looks like!!