4.10.2014

Happy Anniversary

March 30th marked our eighth wedding anniversary!
John and I both had to do the math a couple times to make sure that was correct.
We are getting closer to the big-times....we agreed a Hawaii trip was in store for the big 10 years.
He said I deserve it for putting up with him all these years:)
I agree.
We don't really do gift for each other.
Instead, we pay for a babysitter and go out together.
Our anniversary actually fell on Sunday, so we celebrated on Saturday and celebrated with the Sister Missionaries and the boys on Sunday after church.
We decided to hit the bowling alley and do lunch for our date.
I found a ball that matched my shirt and the ball even had the name "John" inscribed on it.
I thought for sure those things would bring me luck.
Not at all.
Bowling just isn't my thing.
 
Sometimes you get better after warming up and a little practice.
Not me.
My game just kept going down hill the harder and longer we played.
John on the hand is good at all sports.
He did great and I think was trying to down-play his success because I was doing so awful.
It's okay, I can admit it when I'm not good at something and be fine with that.
It is still hard to believe it has been eight years.
Three and a half kids later, we are very happy we found each other all those years ago and decided to get married in the temple!

2 comments:

Karen said...

We are so glad too!!

Shelene said...

We also hit 8 years this year (Aug) and are also planning on Hawaii for the big 1-0. We should like go together. Just an idea. Let us know your plans when it gets closer.