I'm glad we got started with Christmas right after Thanksgiving because the time seems to have flown by even faster this year.
Christmas is in three days!!!
I've got some very excited boys on my hands.
These are a few Krohn Christmas traditions we've got going:
I made these felt trees for Tate and Blake last year in hopes of keeping them out of the real Christmas tree. It worked well last year....I put them up again this year and pretty much the boys just like taking off all the ornaments and throwing them everywhere!
We also got out our Christmas books.
There was one wrapped book to be opened each day of December.
With three boys that all want to open a book each day...we had all the books open about half way through the month.
Oh well, it has been fun to have so many "new" books to read for the month.
We've been doing lots of baking!
It's fun to have my little helpers helping in the kitchen.
Tate and Blake like taking the scraps and making "experiments."
Although these experiments usually end up in big messes I don't mind.
It keeps them happy while I can get the rest of the cookies done.
Ryan made sure we didn't burn any cookies!
We made all kinds of treats this year.
I tried some new recipes.
They were good, but not the best to be packaged. Frosting smearing and all...
I need to think more about easy-to-package treats for next year.
Bonnie sent us some fun Christmas activities.
The boys loved the coloring books (kept them quiet at church:).
She also sent a silicone gingerbread man mold.
Jell-O gingerbread boys....a success!
Our Elf, Zig-Zag, came back from the North Pole to make sure the boys were being nice.
Our elf isn't a naughty or mischievous elf. Zig-Zag is Santa's eyes and ears at our house. He moves to a different spot each day. Sometimes he leaves the boys notes about how they are doing.
Tate and Blake get so excited to be the first one to find him in the morning.
I think I have Zig-Zag to thank for all the early mornings this month.
Each day there is a treat for the boys in our advent calendar.
I learned from last year I can't fill up all the boxes at the beginning of the month.
The boys (little and big) blew through the treats well before Christmas last year.
This year.
One day at a time.
That's been working out much better!
Mr. Climber, Ryan, gets up on the kitchen counter everyday and opens all the doors looking for his treat.
Tate made sure their room got decorated too.
Tate the aspiring interior designer.
We sure love Christmas at our house and can't wait for Santa to come!










1 comment:
Grandma will put the lights back around the windows here as soon as you come back to visit!!
Post a Comment