When John told me he had to go to Boston the first two weeks in November, I told him I would love to take a weekend trip to Seattle when he gets back:)
Seemed like a fair trade.
It was a great weekend full of friends and family and yummy treats!
My friend Paige and I signed up for an advanced cookie decorating class.
Paige is pretty much already a pro!
I always like decorating cookies when someone else makes the cookies and frosting, gets it all set-up and cleans everything up!
Mostly, I loved the chance to hang out and catch-up with my friend.
Who I miss.
The next day Karrie and I took a truffle making class at Dawn's in Bothell.
I learned lots about chocolate.
Three hours worth of yummy-truffle-making fun.
It was so fun to make our own flavor combos for the truffles.
We did pomegranate, mint, caramel, vanilla, dark chocolate, and white chocolate/raspberry.
Karrie and I both understand now why good chocolates are so expensive.
They are a lot of work!
Delicious. But, not easy.
The sun kept coming through the window making it hard to keep our truffles cool.
No complaining though.
The sunshine was a nice change from bitter cold.
Talk about torture: truffles are supposed to "rest" for overnight to fully set.
What?! No eating them until the next day.
I might have broken that rule...but, John was most happy that most of them made it home:)
Another highlight of the trip....my friend Lindzee.
I miss her too.
The past couple times I've been back in Seattle since moving, we haven't been able to get together.
I was so happy we could get together this time.
Just like the good 'old times!
I definitely think a December-Seattle trip will become a yearly tradition for me:)







No comments:
Post a Comment