For family night I thought it would be nice to go over the nativity with the boys.
In an effort to keep the true meaning of Christmas in our home we got out the scriptures and read together parts of Christ's birth.
Each of the boys got to hold a couple of the nativity pieces and while I read the account the boys held up the appropriate person we were talking about.
They stayed attentive for a few minutes.
We cut to the chase and summarized the rest of the story.
Put the nativity together on the shelf and started on the activity for the evening.
My friend Suzy gave me a cookie-cutter set of the nativity.
I had just made some sugar cookie dough, so we made a nativity set of cookies.
The boys all did a good job cutting out camels, stars, Wiseman, and mangers.
The funniest part of the night was Blake placing a manger on the cookie sheet saying,
"We are going to cook you up baby Jesus."
After we cooked up baby Jesus, the boys did their best decorating them.
Tate: took the job very seriously and was very precise with the frosting.
Ryan: as soon as frosting went on the cookie, he went to work licking it all off.
Blake: You mean this frosting isn't a waterbottle?!
Under all those sprinkles there is a cookie.
A delicious looking plate of cookies.
*Note: due to the lack of sanitation while frosting the cookies, these cookies were only consumed by the decorators.
It was a fun and memorable family night.









3 comments:
What a fun set of cookie cutters! (And I mean both the "tools" and the bakers!)
Blake is funny when it comes to frosting. I think I can pick out the ones Tate did.
Glad you added the "note."
Post a Comment