4.28.2013

Lately at the Krohn's

We decided to make the ward auction and dinner our Friday-night-family-date.
Dinner for $3 per person-can't beat that.
Entertainment by talented ward members-very fun.
Tate of course wanted to know if he could get anything.
I tried to explain to him what an auction is and that we would maybe get something.
We walked around checking out all the things that had been donated.
He found his "prize."
A box of sunshine.
He brought his money and so we started to the bidding at one dollar and hoped for the best. 
John found his prize too.
A lemon meringue pie which he wasn't going to let go.
I bid on a few other things that I thought would be fun.
Didn't win all the items, but enough for everyone to go home happy.
John got his pie.
It was delicious!
Tate got his box of sunshine and did a nice job sharing a few things in there with a friend and Blake.
I got some babysitting and a crocheted hat (thinking a baby hat will be nice).
Blake liked walking around coloring on all the bid sheets.
We had a good time.
Minus the spilt drinks and crying.
It was fun. 
Sunday's are long days.
Very long.
One o'clock to four in the afternoon really couldn't be any worse.
Right in the middle of nap time.
I've been able to get Ryan down in the morning for an early nap, so he isn't a complete bear during church.
Blake on the other hand should wear a shirt every week that says...."I'm missing my nap to be here!"
Just watch his behavior and you can probably guess just how much of a joy he is those three hours during church.
We survive.
Thank goodness for nursery.
A couple weeks ago I was cleaning up in the kitchen after dinner.
I had just left Blake in the family room for a minute to clean up and then Tate came down.
I asked him to check to make sure Blake was still awake.
"Uh, he's asleep."
Guess you deserve to sleep when you just lay down on the ground and call that good.
Luckily, he stayed asleep from 6:30 that night until seven the next morning!
While we had a stretch of rainy days I was trying to think of fun things the boys could do.
Something that they could do independently and would keep them busy for a little while.
I've been subbing for a Kindergarten class and remembered a math station they did that was fun.
They used Twizzlers to make patterns using Apple Jacks cereal. 
I tweaked things a little and gave them a bowl of Fruit Loops.
They sorted the different colors into muffin tins.
Then using the Twizzlers made bracelets.  
Over Conference Weekend the boys got to play in the sink.
I got them the shaped sponges from the dollar store.
Cleaned out the sink and let them at it.
They had so much fun.
Played together nicely.
Water got everywhere, but heck it's just water easy enough to clean up. 
 Took me a couple times to take off shirts from the start so we didn't have to do so many extra loads of laundry with wet clothes.
I love anything that all three boys can do together and get along!
This was Blake's "conference watching station."
As much as I envision all the boys just playing quietly while John and I listen/watch conference, that is never quite the case.
I usually only catch a few talks.
Thank goodness for the Internet so I can go back and read what I missed. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again...
We can just never move away from my family.
I mean where else will my boys be able to go to work on an old truck (grandpa's new project)?
Not at home that's for sure:)
Tate was in heaven with Grandpa and Uncle Andrew working on the engine. 

Nothing like getting your hands dirty with Grandpa! 

No comments: