4.10.2013

Fourth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

I love Easter.
Springtime.
Tulips and daffodils.
Sunshine.  Love it.
We've done a potluck lunch and Easter egg hunt with some friends for the past three years.
It is something I really look forward to and get so excited to see all the kids and be able to hang out with our friends.
It was a busy day with soccer games in the morning.
Getting ready for the party right after Tate's game.
Karrie and I were helping our mom cater a wedding back up in Woodinville that afternoon.
And it was our 7th year anniversary...
which John and I completely forgot about that day.
Funny.
The most important shot of the afternoon.
All the kids before we head up the hill for the Easter Egg Hunt.
I'm not good at getting any other pictures to remember the afternoon by.
But the group picture of the kids has been fun to look at from year-to-year and see how those little ones have grown and changed. 
We were doing some serious "sun dancing" the entire week because it was raining.
All week-rain.
But, Saturday....Sunshine.
Hooray.
I wasn't too excited about the possibility of an indoor Easter Egg Hunt.
It was amazing weather.
Ryan was ready to head out and fill his bucket.
Ryan found a couple eggs and seemed to be quite content with that.
 
Who needs a whole bucket full of eggs?
Not Ryan.

But these two couldn't get enough!
Every family brings some eggs to be hid by the "daddy bunnies" and there are always plenty for everyone.

Thank goodness, because Mr. Tate and Blake wouldn't be happy without full buckets:)
Blake sat down and opened all his eggs and started eating in true "candy monster" form.
You couldn't pry that bucket out of his hands the rest of the afternoon.
Tate opened all the eggs and got excited about finding pennies and little toys in his eggs.
These two are so different in that regard.
Karrie and I rushed off to the wedding which turned out great.
It was a wonderful fourth annual potluck and egg hunt!

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Blake is my kind of guy! But, Tate will actually share his candy so it's a good balance.