2.24.2013

Star of the Week

Tate has been waiting all year for this week.
His week to be the "Star of the Week" at Preschool.
I made the mistake of misreading the calendar and telling him it was his week before it actually was.
That was hard trying to explain to him when we got to school that he didn't get to do "Peter Pointer."
I got that straightened out with his teacher-sorry Tate.
Got the correct date on the calendar (the week of his birthday).
When the actual week was here...we were so pumped and excited for Tate's big week.
We got to fill out this poster (hung up in his classroom during the week) with favorites and interests of Tate.  I was really surprised when I asked Tate what his favorite food is: broccoli.  I asked him again to make sure and he said "ya broccoli."  Later that day he asked me to add carrots to that.
Um, whose child are you?!
Along with being Star of the Week, Tate got to bring in a treat and drink for snacks that week.
Tate  decided he wanted to make cake pops for the treat and Capri Suns.
Yay, for making 17 cake pops and hoping they would all make it to school on Monday.
Tate did a great job helping with the sprinkles for the cake pops. 
On his last day as Star of the Week, I had to get a picture of him and Peter Pointer.
He was soooo excited to get to be in charge of helping with the calendar.
He talks a lot about Peter Pointer. 
Tate came home with a bag full of wonderful Valentine's from his classmates. 
He went through each one when we got home and I tried to read the kids writing to him:) 

We definitely think Tate is BIG STUFF around here and very special.
He is a star all the time!
Some of his latest masterpieces:



No comments: