2.19.2013

Pinterest

I like Pinterest.
I may spend a fair amount of my evenings dreaming about new projects to do around the house or yummy recipes to try. 
I have really been trying to only pin things I would actually make (recipes) or
projects I might take-on.
I've made a number of the recipes I've pinned and they usually turn out pretty good.
I was so excited to come across this recipe for a giant cookie.
My Junior High students always wanted to make one big cookie instead of normal sized ones like they were supposed to.  But, I never let them.
Anyways, if I had come across this recipe then, maybe I would have let their Junior High dreams come true.
Instead, Blake and Gage were my test recipe helpers.
We added sprinkles for fun:)
The cookie came out perfect after about 25 minutes of baking!
All the boys got a slice....and then some. 
Successful cookie.
Failed wreath attempt was next.
I wanted a cool Valentine's Day wreath.
Found this good idea-a conversation heart wreath.
Seemed easy enough.  Glue hearts on the foam.  I could handle that.
Should have thought about the base color a little more. 
Red spray paint is all I had and I thought that's a Valentine's color, it'll work.
Just doesn't match any of the hearts.
Lame.
I spent money on the foam wreath and the candy...getting a little pricey....and then the directions didn't say to clear coat it with anything so the weather wouldn't melt the hearts and have it be one sticky, yucky mess.
Double lame.
That supposedly easy wreath is now in the bottom of the garbage can. 


1 comment:

Carla and crew said...

Jennae and her friends make a "pazookie" - giant chocolate chip cookie/pizza, dressed with ice cream. That is quite awesome, in my opinion!